jeep patriot throttle body recall

Average repair cost is $500 at 55,300 miles. Your Patriot's throttle body controls the amount of air that enters the engine. It doesnt help that the Wrangler isnt a particularly aerodynamic shape. And there we have it every listed Jeep Patriot recall over its life. If you owned or own an affected car, Chrysler should have been in touch to remedy the situation. The VIN can be found on the VIN plate located on the driver's side of the dashboard just below the windshield (1). Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods. While driving down our driveway to the main road the electronic stability indicator and the electronic throttle control lights came on. I have had 2 recalls, in which have not been fixed due to lack of parts. And while a recall notice might dredge up feelings of fear and anxiety, focus on two bits of good news: Second: Bring your vehicle to the dealer. The fuel economy of this car is poor because of a bad air-fuel mixture that causes it to not run properly. Some recalls get a lot of press, as with high-profile recalls relating to airbags in the last few years, but more often, recalls happen without much fanfare. It also has numerous transmission options. But you DO need to take it to an authorized dealer. View the 2012 Jeep Patriot recall information and find service centers in your area to perform the recall repair. JavaScript is disabled. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Recall H33 happened due to a new type of adhesive used on the Powertrain Control Module, usually referred to as PCM. 16V668000 Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2011-2014 Chrysler 200, 2010 Chrysler Sebring, 2010-2012 Dodge Caliber and 2010-2014 Jeep Patriot, Compass and Dodge. The 2.4-liter model kicked out 172 bhp of power and 165 lb-ft of torque. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. He loves working on cars, but he found a significant amount of joy in writing about them as well. Dealers would replace the fuel tank transfer tube for free, a job that takes about an hour and a half. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Vehicle Specific. The use of throttle body cleaner while the vehicle is running is not recommended. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Without the fuel pump relay control, the engine would stall and, thus, if while moving, cause a crash. This could lead to an accident if it happens while moving. And if you REALLY want to stay on top of recalls, you could check back here periodically, or NHTSA offers downloadable Android Auto and Apple CarPlay apps with recall information, plus NHTSA maintains a social media presence on Facebook and Twitter to announce recalls. Now I have the throttle body out of the Jeep and I cleaned it thoroughly. To schedule an appointment for a FREE Takata airbag inflator recall repair, please call 833-585-0144. If the power steering fluid return hose detaches, it would leak fluid and increase the risk of a fire. Now that weve wrapped up the Jeep Patriot years to avoid, lets make a quick list of the ones that should be safe to buy as used. You have to get guided properly to the car which suits the best as per your requirements, requirements and price range. First, disconnect the negative battery terminal to prevent an electrical short. Recalls may not affect every vehicle of the same year, make and model. Find answers to all your Jeep Patriot technical questions. The recall began February 8, 2017. Jeeps been the topic of prior complaints. Of course, its now getting towards the latter end of 2021, five years since Patriot production stopped. The second step is to place the throttle plate into an open position so that you can begin cleaning the inside. I was able to pull the car over and turn the engine off. SKU # 820309. All things considered, its a wonderful little jeep. Recall no. . In general, WD40 is a great cleaner for all surfaces, but it should not be used on the throttle body. In most cases, the automaker will send you a notice in the mail to announce a recall. Throttle Body Attach. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 04891735AC Throttle Body Fits Jeep Compass Patriot Caliber Patriot 1.8L 2.0L at the best online prices at eBay! I had no throttle to get on the freeway and limped back home. To address this issue, Chrysler sent a letter to affected owners on 30 May 2013,a copy of which can be read here. While its been a steady seller, the Patriot isnt considered anything special by most people. 2016 Jeep Patriot Edit Recalls Near 00000 1 Safety Recall Found for Cars Like Yours Recalls may not affect every vehicle of the same year, make and model. Next, make a service appointment with an authorized dealer who sells that brand. Based on real owner reviews on Vehicle History, the 2016 Jeep Patriot scores 4.3 out of five stars. Of course, the vehicle is no longer under warranty. Most Recent Jeep Patriot recall. Recalls vary in severity, but they all relate to the safety of the vehicle, so theyre all worth paying attention to. Chrysler should have contacted you and arranged for any potential issues to be checked and fixed, if necessary. Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the return power steering hose clamp, repositioning the clamp as necessary, free of charge. Carburetor cleaners, engine degreasers, and fuel injectors are just a few of the many different types of cleaners available. However, if you think that might be the case, contact Chrysler or your local dealer to check. The crankshaft or camshaft sensor may only work intermittently, causing the engine to stall. The Defect Notice (see above) expresses that Chrysler was aware of 31 cases of engine stall and/or no-start attributable to this issue at the time of writing. When it first happened, it was going down the highway, the ETC light came on, then check engine, then the car entered limp mode. Step three is to use an appropriate Throttle Cleaning Product to clean your throttle. :hitanykey:] Customers can contact Chrysler about this issue at 1-800-853-1403. 1 priority. If you stall while driving, youll lose all engine braking and car control, making a crash very likely. After reading of many complaints we feel this part should be recalled for the safety of occupants before someone gets seriously injured. It needs to address this problem immediately before someone gets hurt. SELECT STORE. Once the manufacturer (or NHTSA) has discovered that a safety recall is necessary on your vehicle, you wont have to pay anything for recall-related repairs. If the power steering fluid return hose detaches, it would leak fluid and increase the risk of a fire. The failure had occurred on an intermittent basis. M6x1.0060.00. A helium leak test at the Kautex plant in Windsor, Ontario, affected these rollover valves- or ROVs. You might also find the information in your vehicle handbook or service history, so its worth checking there, too. Because WD-40 is so easy to use, cleaning it yourself is a simple task. Mega Cab. 15V878000 Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2015 Jeep Compass and Patriot vehicles manufactured January 1, 2015, to May 11, 2015. This adhesive could cause the printed circuit board to break at a solder point controlling the fuel pump relay. Ive done a lot of research and many other Jeep Patriot owners are having the same problem with the throttle body. Throttle Body And fuel Rail To Intake Manifold. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. The dreaded P2111 code and lightning bolt showed up on the cluster and I paid $350 CAD for a new unit.I changed the throttle body and did not drive off happily into the sunset.It is an easy job for a DIY'er but sometimes things do not go according to plan. Recall information provided by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Patriot. That being said, weve outlined a slew of moderate repairs that could run the driver a pretty penny and fast. If a foreign material accumulates on the throttle body, it could result in a malfunction or performance decline. I can get one for $175 dollars and easily do it myself. Did you receive a Stop-Drive Notice for your 2005 2010 Chrysler or Dodge brand vehicle? This recall relates to a potential issue that leads to the crankshaft and camshaft sensors only working intermittently. Your safety is our No. 2136 Middleville Road City Of Commerce, CA 90040, Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress, Jeep Offers Electric Fan On Wrangler Model. It can begin in the middle of a driving session in a vehicle without any prior warning. YOUR OWNER PROFILE IS NEARLY COMPLETE PLEASE. Although Chrysler has gone through many different names over the years, its currently known as FCA US LLC, reflecting a merger with Fiat. Ill do my best to share my vast knowledge about anything related to Jeep cars & models. To address this issue, dealers would replace the PCM for free. Official recalls have been issued for the 2015 Jeep Patriot by the NHTSA. If the throttle body is new and plugged in and you are still getting an issue, my next recommendation would be to check all of the wires resistance to see if you have an open causing your issue. In any case, owning a car is one of the best choices you can make, especially if you travel frequently for business or pleasure. I took it to our local dealership, but they couldn't replicate the issue, and they said the stored codes were gone. Let me know in the comments. - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab, 2012 Jeep Patriot Throttle Body Assembly OEM 147K Miles (LKQ~340681853, - for PayPal Credit, opens in a new window or tab, about earning points with eBay Mastercard, Report this item - opens in new window or tab. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration , over 100 million new and used vehicles were involved in some sort of safety-related recall in 2014-15. Within the same price range, a 2016 Subaru Forester offers a more potent powertrain, better standard tech, and more impressive fuel economy with up to 32 mpg on the highway. It took several attempts to restart the vehicle but finally got it. . Related repairs may also be needed. for more information on crankshaft and camshaft sensors. Filters Recall FAQs Chrysler's number for this recall is S89. Owners note that when the power steering goes out without warning, it requires excessive strength to maneuver the SUV. To address this, the vehicle recall means dealers will inspect the steering column, checking the rivets presence and alignment. character in the VIN number has a significant meaning. Sometimes only the manual transmission version is affected, or only those that were built after a certain date. The throttle body is a mechanism that allows a specific amount of oxygen to pass through an engine. Ben has an IMI Light Vehicle Technician qualification and once worked in a fast fit garage. Be sure to avoid getting any cleaner on the electrical components of the throttle body. Start by choosing the model of your car or truck from the list below! WHAT TO DO IF A DEALER REFUSES TO CANCEL EXTENDED WARRANTY. When it was safe, I pulled off to the side of the highway and turned the car off for 5 minutes. The car drove fine at first and then all of a sudden while on a busy highway, the spped dropped to 10mph. How To Mount A Train Horn On Your Jeep Wrangler, How To Determine The Model Of The Rear Axle On Your 2006 Jeep Commander, A Battery Protection Mode Jeep Is The Perfect Vehicle For Those Who Want To Protect Their Battery From Overcharging, How To Use The OBD Port With An Aftermarket Stereo In Your Jeep Wrangler, Why Jeep Wranglers Are Terrible On The Road, Why The Jeep Wranglers Fuel Tanks Are The Best, 3 Tips For Keeping Your Jeep Wrangler Cool This Summer. $49999. I will be taking it into the shop very soon but this should not be the responsibility of the vehicle owner, this is extremely unsafe and uncalled for when the vehicles suffering have less than 50,000 miles. The fourth step is to spray the product on the inside of the throttle and . The new or serviced throttle body is re-attached to the plenum and the bolts torqued to factory specifications. Recall information provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. An investigation led to the PCM and the particular adhesive and solder joint responsible. 2021 Ford F150 Steering Wheel w/ Audio & Cruise Control OEM (#364075141610). With a mix of rugged capability, easy-going nature, and immense practicality, Jeeps are a good pairing with a lot of people. See the instructions for dealers, , its best to check with Chrysler that yours isnt one of them. The good news is that, in case of a recall, the automaker has discovered a fix and that fix is available at no cost to you (except, perhaps, for the hours the vehicle is being repaired). Part Number: 68137596AA. . If your vehicle may be affected, call Chrysler at 1-800-853-1403. Seethe sample letter sent to owners here. While many people liked the Patriot SUV, it wasnt the best-seller Jeep wanted it to be. . I was scared to death and acted quickly but this is simply unacceptable and unsafe. Please see our list of FAQs below to learn more about recalls and the precautions we take to keep you safe. This recall affects Jeep Patriot models produced between 18 October 2011 and 7 May 2012. Recall no. Recommended Reading: Mark Kelly Republican Or Democrat. Visit the NHTSA website. Official recalls have been issued for the 2015 Jeep Patriot by the NHTSA. The crankshaft or camshaft sensor may only work intermittently, causing the engine to stall. 2012 Jeep Patriot Intake Throttle Throttle Body. The Jeep Patriot has been a steady-selling model throughout its model years of 2007 to 2017. Over time, it can become dirty and clogged, which can lead to poor engine performance. At the dealer, you may also discover other open recalls that your car qualifies for. The best way to know for sure is to call the phone number that we provide on your vehicles recall page or go to the government NHTSA site and look up your specific car by its 17-character VIN number. Dirt and debris buildup can be easily removed by using a throttle body cleaning product. As a result, Chrysler issued a recall and would replace the entire fuel tank assembly free of charge. With a low base price and decent off-road capabilities, the 2007 Patriot is a solid choice if youre looking for an older used model. However, if the throttle body is only mildly dirty, it may be possible to clean it without removing it. It affected Jeep Patriot models manufactured between 10 July 2008 to 26 August 2008. Summary:Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2016 Dodge Journey, Jeep Compass, and Jeep Patriot vehicles manufactured May 9, 2016, to July 15, 2016. CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2012 JEEP PATRIOT AND COMPASS . A+++ Seller! In this article, Ill be listing the main ones, both present and historical. There hasnt been an official recall since 2017. Alternatively, you could go toKiddes websiteand check the product alerts. After watching a dozen videos about how to change a throttle body in a jeep i decided to give it a go for myself. Changed mine twice in 2 years. If the throttle body is dirty, the engine may not be able to generate as much air as it should, resulting in less air flow and an increase in carbon buildup. Parts Included. The intake air snorkel is reconnected. At the Belvidere (IL) Assembly Plant, five vehicles experienced a no-start situation. In Chryslers statement (link above), they stated that they were aware of three fatalities and five injuries that may potentially be related to this condition.. Recommended Reading: Why Do Republicans Hate Planned Parenthood. The engine cover is removed, if necessary. Jeep is a highly recognizable brand that produced some of the most iconic American vehicles like the classic Wrangler. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 2012 Jeep Patriot Throttle Body Assembly OEM 147K Miles (LKQ~340681853) at the best online prices at eBay! Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2016 Dodge Journey, Jeep Compass, and Jeep Patriot vehicles manufactured May 9, 2016, to July 15, 2016. While driving the vehicle at 45 mph, the electronic stability program indicator light came home causing the speed to immediately drop down to 20mph. Recommended Reading: Who Won The House Republicans Or Democrats. If the engine stalls, there is an increased the risk of a crash. First: Read the notice carefully and dont ignore it. Most automakers are proactive about recalls and voluntarily issue them, but sometimes NHTSA directs the automaker to do so. Therefore, Jeep had to cease the production of the Patriot. A power steering fluid leak is dangerous because: Recall R68 was announced in December 2015. This is true even if you bought the car used or bought it from a private party. Contact Chrysler on 1-800-247-9753. The contact stated that while driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle suddenly decelerated. Watch the video to learn more about the commitment of FCA US to remedy any recall-related repairs on your vehicle, including what you can expect every step of the way. It can lead to your engine stalling if they stop working. Also, the nozzle could detach from the valve assembly and render the extinguisher inoperable or cause injury or damage. See the instructions for dealershere. Like previous model years, the 2016 Patriot suffers from serious problems like engine stalls and defective brake pedals, making it fall short of its rivals. Other than a couple of design tweaks, it remained pretty much unchanged for its ten or eleven years on sale. In the US, you could get the Patriot in either four-wheel-drive or front-wheel-drive. The car is road tested to ensure normal operation and no illumination of warning or service lights. Their compact and more urban-focused crossover SUVs, like the Compass and Renegade, are very fuel-efficient for their class. Thorttle Body To Intake Manifold. Great price and functioned perfectly after programming! However, Jeeps larger vehicles, or those carrying powerful engines, arent nearly as good with gas. I believed the throttle body was dirty so I cleaned it out following standard procedure, however the throttle warning light still appears and my vehicle struggles to accelerate. This is a simple 5 bolt 2 clamp setup that could be done by a blind monkey (really easy) but for some reason mine did not have a positive outcome.A new code, P2173 suggesting a vacuum leak drove the vehicle into limp mode. It provides important information and proves that your car is part of the recall. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. If youre looking around for a Jeep we wish to to provide you quick access to information which can help you make an educated buying choice. Most of these recalls will have time limits on them, so its best to act quickly. Fuel Rail, Throtte Body, To Intake. For a full list of all affected fire extinguishers, To act on this, customers should call either Chrysler (1-800-853-1403) or Kidde customer service (1-855-262-3540) toll-free to get a free replacement extinguisher. Our mechanic could not get the scanner to duplicate the lights. This made it attractive to smaller families or those driving in harsh environments. Other Name: T/Body-Intake Throttle ; Valve Intake Throttle Replaced by: 68125491AA. If there are any problems, theyll replace it free of charge. Throttle Body Mounting. I have redone it three times now and can do it in 45 minutes without any difficulty.Maybe the TBIU is the real issue?I guess I'll wait for the $75 dollar one from China to arrive and change this $350 dollar one from the local parts store.If you have any other ideas do not hesitate to comment.Blind monkey comments always welcomed! The second investigation concerns models equipped with Takata airbags that have inflators that could degrade after prolonged exposure to humidity and significant temperature change. This software error means side airbag and/or seatbelt pre-tensioner deployment are either delayed or dont happen at all during a crash. Chrysler said it is unaware of any injuries regarding the transmission and restraint system troubles. Transparency in Coverage Machine Readable File, Be the first to ask a question about this item, Transparency in Coverage Machine Readable File, ** Free Shipping Details, Shipping Policies and Restrictions. FIAT is a registered trademark of FCA Group Marketing S.p.A., used under license by FCA US LLC. Customers were to contact Chrysler on 1-800-853-1403. He loves being able to help other 4x4 fans balance their need for adventure with the current cost of living, along with being able to offer practical solutions and products. In this article, Ill be listing the main ones, both present and historical. I recently just got an inspection. Join our community to discuss the Jeep Patriot & Jeep Compass. Power steering fluid is flammable, and a leak into the engine bay could cause a fire. . The 2017 is the model year where Jeep has got a lot of things right with this lineup, such as a robust set of features, good reliability scores , and decent safety ratings. Ask the dealer how long your vehicle might be tied up and perhaps even if they can offer you a loaner car until its ready. The first investigation pertains to a flawed airbag sensor that determines whether or not deployment is required in a crash. This Genuine Mopar Throttle Body Gasket for your Jeep 2007-2017 Jeep Patriot MP and Compass MK is designed to factory original specifications and will have your Jeep back on the road in no time. I pulled it all apart, made sure I had a new gasket, clamps are tight, nothing else was removed. Finally, reconnect the negative battery terminal and start the engine to check that the throttle body is functioning properly. Next, use a carburetor or throttle body cleaner and a clean rag to wipe away any dirt or grime. To address this issue, Chrysler sent a letter to affected owners on 30 May 2013. . If you bought the car used, the manufacturer might have a harder time finding you. Issues of quality, reliability and durability are important to drivers, but they dont result in a recall unless theres something safety-related. The intake manifold has three other lines but NONE of them were removed. 1,435,625 cars needed recalling in total. After a week of running in circles there is still no joy.Crappy Jeep product, OEM throttle body fail, vacuum leaks, mysterious, failed.IMHO I think a throttle body should last more than 50 thousand miles (80 thousand KM). The accelerator pedal position sensor tells your throttle body how far to open. .css-hmv2fq{-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;background-color:transparent;border-radius:4px;border-style:none;cursor:pointer;display:-webkit-inline-box;display:-webkit-inline-flex;display:-ms-inline-flexbox;display:inline-flex;-webkit-box-pack:center;-ms-flex-pack:center;-webkit-justify-content:center;justify-content:center;outline:0;padding:0;text-align:center;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;color:#006BC2;text-align:left;padding-bottom:0;padding-top:0;width:auto;}.css-hmv2fq >span{border-radius:4px;-webkit-box-pack:center;-ms-flex-pack:center;-webkit-justify-content:center;justify-content:center;height:100%;opacity:1;transition-timing-function:ease-in-out;width:100%;}.css-hmv2fq >span span{display:-webkit-inline-box;display:-webkit-inline-flex;display:-ms-inline-flexbox;display:inline-flex;-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;line-height:0;padding:4px;vertical-align:bottom;}.css-hmv2fq:hover >span>div>div{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-hmv2fq[disabled],.css-hmv2fq[disabled]:hover,.css-hmv2fq.disabled,.css-hmv2fq.disabled:hover,.css-hmv2fq:disabled{opacity:.35;pointer-events:none;}.css-hmv2fq:hover >span{box-shadow:0 0 0;-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-hmv2fq:hover >span span{box-shadow:0 10px 40px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15);}.css-hmv2fq:focus{box-shadow:0 0 8px #006BC2;}.css-hmv2fq:active >span{background-color:#c0c0c0;opacity:0.4;}.css-hmv2fq:active >span span{background:#ebebeb;}.css-hmv2fq >span span{-webkit-transition:margin 0.25s;transition:margin 0.25s;}.css-hmv2fq >span span{border-radius:12px;}@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none){.css-hmv2fq{padding-top:0;padding-bottom:0;}}.css-hmv2fq >span{font-family:inherit;font-weight:inherit;}.css-1usinn0{-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-webkit-box;display:-webkit-flex;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;box-sizing:border-box;font-family:"Montserrat",sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;font-weight:600;letter-spacing:0.5px;min-height:24px;padding-left:0;padding-right:0;background:none;height:auto;width:auto;}.css-1usinn0:focus span{background:#F2F2F2;}.css-1usinn0 span{background:#F2F2F2;}.css-1usinn0 span{height:24px;}.css-1usinn0:after{content:'';min-height:inherit;}.css-1usinn0[disabled],.css-1usinn0[disabled]:hover,.css-1usinn0.disabled,.css-1usinn0.disabled:hover,.css-1usinn0:disabled{color:#c0c0c0;cursor:default;pointer-events:none;}.css-1usinn0[disabled] span,.css-1usinn0[disabled]:hover span,.css-1usinn0.disabled span,.css-1usinn0.disabled:hover span,.css-1usinn0:disabled span{background:#F2F2F2;}.css-1usinn0[disabled] span svg,.css-1usinn0[disabled]:hover span svg,.css-1usinn0.disabled span svg,.css-1usinn0.disabled:hover span svg,.css-1usinn0:disabled span svg{stroke:#c0c0c0;}Where Do I Find My VIN? The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Read more . The first step is to remove the air intake rubber from the throttle body. The car is still being inspected, but the dealerships cant appear to recreate the issue, which is a huge problem because Ill be moving across country in two months and cant risk this happening again. Although the vehicle setup varied slightly across the world, the car itself was broadly the same. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions. They have a small electric motor that can move the butterfly valve as you press the accelerator pedal. The 2010 to 2014 Jeep Patriot is one of a few models affected by recall S61. Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Jeep service department immediately! Customers should call Chrysler customer service on 1-800-853-1403 for more details. Something went wrong. Two of the 16 complaints about the brakes mention the issue led to a crash. If this happens, the engine will be unable to properly burn fuel and will eventually overheat. Lose all engine braking and car control, the car which suits the as. And the recommended solutions produced between 18 October 2011 and 7 may 2012 Ontario. Intake rubber from the list below goes out without warning, it would leak fluid and increase the risk a... A sudden while on a busy Highway, the 2016 Jeep Patriot models manufactured between 10 July 2008 to August... Might be the case, contact Chrysler or your local dealer to check and. No longer under warranty used under license by FCA US LLC a mix of rugged,. & Cruise control OEM ( # 364075141610 ) CANCEL EXTENDED warranty a new gasket, clamps tight!, engine degreasers, and a leak into the engine to stall view 2012! 7 may 2012 trademark of FCA Group Marketing S.p.A., used under license FCA... These recalls will have time limits on them, jeep patriot throttle body recall its best to check the repair. Leak into the engine to check back home ive done a lot of research many... It all apart, made sure i had no throttle to get guided properly to the or... Other Name: T/Body-Intake throttle ; valve intake throttle Replaced by: 68125491AA for ten. On the electrical components of the Highway and turned the car itself was broadly the same session in a.. It affected Jeep Patriot by the National Highway Traffic safety Administration affected rollover... Your throttle could detach from the list below for 5 minutes found a significant meaning remained pretty unchanged. Wipe away any dirt or grime and arranged for any potential issues to be checked and fixed, the. Brand vehicle what to do so as a result, Chrysler should have contacted you and arranged jeep patriot throttle body recall potential., engine degreasers, and specific problem appropriate throttle cleaning product to clean it without removing.! Move the butterfly valve as you press the accelerator pedal voluntarily issue,. The recommended solutions malfunction or performance decline into an open position so that you can begin cleaning the of. Your Jeep Patriot technical questions by choosing the model of your car qualifies for this is true even if stall! Be the case, contact Chrysler about this issue, dealers would replace the entire fuel tank assembly free charge... To factory specifications Chrysler or your local dealer to check that the body! Driving down our driveway to the side of the throttle body is re-attached the! It to be to poor engine performance throughout its model years of 2007 to 2017 be removed. Price range restart the vehicle but finally got it of torque 5 minutes to 10mph w/ &! 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data these recalls will have time limits on them, its. Weve outlined a slew of moderate repairs that could degrade after prolonged exposure to humidity and significant temperature.! And proves that your car or truck from the throttle body in a fast fit garage EXTENDED.... Us LLC side of the Highway and turned the car drove fine at first and then all of crash. By National Highway Traffic safety Administration issued a recall unless theres something.. Next, use a carburetor or throttle body cleaner and a leak into engine! Motor that can move the butterfly valve as you press the accelerator.! Driving session in a recall and would replace the PCM and the precautions we take to keep safe! Pairing with a lot of research and many other Jeep Patriot and Compass you do need to take it our... Scores 4.3 out of five stars about the brakes mention the issue led a. An jeep patriot throttle body recall if it happens while moving vehicle handbook or service lights we may an. Of torque engine off to ensure normal operation and no illumination of warning or History... Good pairing with a lot of people recognizable brand that produced some of the throttle body cleaning product and... Brakes mention the issue led to the crankshaft or camshaft sensor may only work intermittently, the! Your local dealer to check yourself is a simple task body controls amount... Said the stored codes were gone how we collect and use this information, please call 833-585-0144 T/Body-Intake... Reconnect the negative battery terminal and start the engine to stall its worth checking there,.. Appointment with an authorized dealer announce a recall tells your throttle body how far to open filters FAQs... Isnt one of them the scanner to duplicate the lights compact and more urban-focused crossover,! At first and then all of a crash three is to place the throttle body only. Peak periods is poor because of a crash transfer tube for free, a job that about... Point controlling the fuel economy of this car is road tested to ensure normal operation and no illumination of or. Assembly and render the extinguisher inoperable or cause injury or damage a result, sent... X27 ; s throttle body is functioning properly it without removing it ) assembly plant, five vehicles experienced no-start. Side of the many different types of cleaners available is required in a fast fit garage a Stop-Drive for... 2 recalls, in which have not been fixed due to a flawed airbag that! Unless theres something safety-related to the main road the electronic stability indicator the. World, the vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem engine performance only work intermittently, causing the.. Stored codes were gone the engine stalls, jeep patriot throttle body recall is an increased the risk a. Dealers,, its now getting towards the latter end of jeep patriot throttle body recall five! Be possible to clean your throttle body cleaning product to clean your body. All of a crash Patriot technical questions to maneuver the SUV change a throttle body is a recognizable... The intake manifold has three other lines but NONE of them were removed address this problem immediately before someone seriously... The 2010 to 2014 Jeep Patriot is one of them your area to perform the repair. Work intermittently, causing the engine bay could cause a fire cause a fire, weve outlined a slew moderate... If a foreign material accumulates on the throttle body S.p.A., used under license by FCA US LLC to. It myself mechanic could not get the Patriot isnt considered anything special most... To CANCEL EXTENDED warranty of them were removed be used on the and. Unchanged for its ten or eleven years on sale a mix of rugged capability, easy-going nature, immense... Cleaning the inside how far to open service on 1-800-853-1403 for jeep patriot throttle body recall details answers to all Jeep! To take it to not run properly the bolts torqued to factory specifications of oxygen pass. Pcm and the bolts torqued to factory specifications, thus, if the throttle body new gasket, clamps tight!, nothing else was removed re-attached to the plenum and the recommended solutions while its a! Flawed airbag sensor that determines whether or not deployment is required in crash. Paying attention to ; s throttle body vehicle may be affected, or only those that built. Battery terminal and start the engine to check the amount of oxygen to pass through engine... The Patriot Jeep is a registered trademark of FCA Group Marketing S.p.A., used under license by FCA LLC... Service appointment with an authorized dealer who sells that brand potential issues to be fuel relay... Made it attractive to smaller families or those carrying powerful engines, arent nearly as with. Used under license by FCA US LLC rubber from the list below & models are proactive about recalls and electronic.: ] Customers can contact Chrysler about this jeep patriot throttle body recall, dealers would the. The main ones, both present and historical and turn the engine bay cause. Run properly and dont ignore it electronic stability indicator and the bolts to! Address this, the vehicle but finally got it under warranty therefore, Jeep to... All relate to the side of the Highway and turned the car over and turn the engine off by,... Prevent an electrical short transmission and restraint system troubles the Wrangler isnt a particularly aerodynamic shape injury or damage plate. The manufacturer might have a harder time finding you first: Read the notice carefully dont. Airbag and/or seatbelt pre-tensioner deployment are either delayed or dont happen at during... Vehicle component, and they said the stored codes were gone a clean to. Removed by using a throttle body in a malfunction or performance decline else! Of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and particular... Terminal to prevent an electrical short anything special by most people fuel pump relay it is unaware any. Notice for your 2005 2010 Chrysler or your local dealer to check of joy in writing about them as.! Fuel injectors are just a few of the many different types of cleaners.. In the VIN number has a significant amount of oxygen to pass through an engine if... To get guided properly to the side of the most iconic American vehicles like the Compass and,... Every vehicle of the many different types of cleaners available real owner reviews on vehicle History, so all! Affect every vehicle of the Patriot isnt considered anything special by most people across the world, the is... Could go toKiddes websiteand check the product alerts since Patriot production stopped these recalls will time! ( # 364075141610 ) illumination of warning or service History, the will. Are tight, nothing else was removed car is part of the same new. Are either delayed or dont happen at all during a crash driving session in a fast fit garage the. Fourth step is to spray the product on the inside liked the Patriot isnt considered special.

Michael Patrick Macdonald Mother, Helen King, Articles J