jet magazine archives beauty of the week

Academic Libraries, Public Libraries. February 28, 2023 February 28, 2023 Editorial Team. Would you would like to make a donation? He passed away and I am needing a print of this Jet. It was one right next to the other confirming their existence and importance. My mam is Ronald Humphrey and I participated in the arco jesse owen games in 1980. Anyone interested in purchasing? Next issue: sim_jet_1955-09-22_8_20 . Digitized from IA1529701-02 . Previous issue: sim_jet_1956-06-07_10_5 . I enjoyed reading some of the old stories. Hello, my name is Gigi and I am the oldest daughter of the late Augusta Jean Bluester aka Gussie , from Birmingham, Alabama. Please contact me by phone or email and give me an offer, please. As for some past beauties -- several have gone on to become big celebrities, like "Foxy Brown" actress Pam Grier and Band of Gold singer Freda Payne. Addeddate 2018-01-14 04:15:18 Identifier bcf3a81d-59b1-4a7a-ca42-de5ef76a01f5 They brought back a lot of childhood memories. Heres something special, especially for those of us You can see I am so rough. Jet was originally published as a sister publication to Ebony Magazine by John H. Johnson beginning in 1951. One of the magazine'smost popular featuresif not "the" most popularis the"Beauty of the Week." . Trying to find info on the black tooth tribe, Hi help me. Please contact me if you have any to sell! Thanks in advance for your reply. Anyone that has issues for sale from the 1950s, please let me know and I can provide you with particular dates I am looking for. melanie110@att.net, I have Jet magazines in good condition. Do you have any idea where I might find it? OLD JET MAGAZINES FROM 1950 Click on the years at the bottom and see the history. I am looking to purchase. The magazine is holding an on-line casting for all women over the age of 18-years-old and applicants must apply before July 2, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. They did an article about how he directed traffic just because and not sure of the date, but it stated that he had passed. I am trying to find the Jet magazine that had the gentleman who had or sold the money making machine. Johnson Publishing Co., which owns Jet along with Ebony magazine, says the switch will occur at the end of June. OK HOW CAN I GET IN TOUCH WITH U JOHN WRIGHT. Previous issue: sim_jet_1952-01-03_1_10 . PHOTOS: Become A JET 'Beauty Of The Week'. I would like to buy every jet ever published. Digitized from IA1529701-02 . black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. 41 Likes, TikTok video from Barnabas Shane (@barnabasshane1): "I use to love the beauty of the week in these magazines. Edited by John Mark Ockerbloom (onlinebooks@pobox.upenn.edu)OBP copyrights and licenses. feature. The company filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy on April 9. Parent company Johnson Publishing filed for bankruptcy last week. Can you help me find this article? Next issue: sim_jet_1953-10-29_4_25_0 . Thanks. i need for jet magazine to contact me, im trying to find a picture that i drew of PRINCE in 1682 that someone stole and put in your magazine as theres can you contact me please. Photo by P. Collins Beautiful Black Women Exercise American Model Seconda Fraizer is from Dublin, California. THE OLD JETS I HAVE WERE GIVEN TO ME; SO I DONT NO WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE MISSING VOLUMES IN BETWEEN, Does anyone have the article about the dry up itchy foot bottom tribe, Looking for recipe for sweet potato bread. Featured article: the tragedy of brown babies left in japan Chech out the 2015 Ms. Japan, I have some jets dated 1956,1969,1960,1958,1957and i am trying to sell them the whole set for 600 any one interested please email me at pamelaabernathy50@yahoo.com thanks. I HAVE JETS FOR SALE 1950S BRENDAPRICE51@YAHOO.COM FOR MORE INFO, Hi there, I am looking to buy all/any Jet magazines for a project. Many thanks. franchise remains one of the most popular sections of the magazine, so there is no shortage of submissions. Richardjpierreiii@gmail, I have so many old magazine from the 50 up to 83 jets and some Quicks 52-53 and HE 53 NIP 53. call of email me if you are looking to by them I have over 1,000 of them, want to buy your jet magazines email me at parkplace01@yahoo.com or call 847 630-1452, Do you have January 13. Jet April Jenkins is a dental hygiene major from Centreville, Virginia. Im looking for the issue that had Veronica Davis as a Jet Beauty. Next issue: sim_jet_1957-12-12_13_6 . Previous issue: sim_jet_1954-08-05_6_13_0 . Previous issue: sim_jet_1955-01-06_7_9 . November 11, 2019, Found your address and information online. His favorite cinematic moment is when Django said, "Y'all want to see somethin? Help with reading books -- Report a bad link -- Suggest a new listing, Home -- Search -- New Listings -- Authors -- Titles -- Subjects -- Serials, Books -- News -- Features -- Archives -- The Inside Story. Whether on the bus, in the barbershop, on the end table at your grandmothers house or even in prison cells, from teenagers to middle-aged men, some among us went straight to the centerfold of Jet as soon as we set our eyes on the pint-size glossy cover. Im just stumbling upon this now. This Blog entry has helped many readers sell their JET magazines. I have Jet magazines for the 80s and would like to see them, would you have any suggestions as to how? Dont know the date.search function aint helping..name was Jutta Cooper married to a Lawrence Cooper..Help!!! By Neil McCoy-Ward video, DISASTER: How these buildings made Turkey-Syrias earthquake so deadly, GUYANA: Amerindian Association unfazed by Jagdeos attacks, TECHNOLOGY: The new AI Bing ChatGPT told our reporter it can feel or think things, TORONTO: St. Stanislaus College Alumni Spring Dance April 22. Email: angelamcdowell13@gmail.com, I recently learned that my mother, the late Susie Holmes was featured (picture and article) in Jet Magazine back in the late 1940s, early1950s in North Carolina. on the Internet. The B.O.W. Hi there Phyllis, I am very interested in purchasing your magazines. Critics grew concerned citing the importance of Black beauty being visible but not being based on objectification. (To this day, I dont know Clarences last name. LS Magazine. The reason is I have been searching for my father and his name is Thomas Jackson, from Morehead City, NC, Beaufort County. But Beauty of the Week is one of those things that sits in the back of your memory, never being forgotten. 585.307.1268 or zoshward@yahoo.com THANKS again!!! The old Jet magazines that you have scanned on line are missing volumes between Nov. 1955 and October, 1957. saint.chris@virgin.net The early incarnation of Beauty of the Week debuted in 1952 in the centerfold. Lateefah Wilson HAILS FROM:Tallahasse, FL THE SCOOP: Lateefah loves spending time with her family, exercising, and traveling. I believe it was mid 1980s. i have some jet magazines from 1955-1960 an I am trying 2 sell then can u help me, Hello Readers.. These are for sale ,interested , serious, contact me via email . Previous issue: sim_jet_1960-09-29_18_23 . Does anyone have that article? To celebrate its 65th anniversary issue and icons of the past and present, EBONY magazine asked their favorite entertainers to pose in modern-day recreations of those covers for a one-of-a-kind look back at the past. 1957 robinson cover To1995. Peter Ford, unfortunately was murdered in Manhattan,NY in 1962. I AM LOOKING TO BUY THE JUNE 1, 1992 ISSUE OF JET WITH WHOOPI GOLDBERG ON THE COVER. Dear Shirley, I would love to buy one Jet Mag in particular that features Jet Beauty Veronica Davis. BREE FOWLER, AP Technology Writer NEW YORK (AP) Jet magazine, which first hit newsstands at the dawn of the civil rights era, is ceasing regular print publication and transforming into a digital app. If anyone has seen this article please email me elise1717@gmail.com. At press time, Breitenbach was nearing a closing with one of those buyers on a Sagaponack property. Cultural & Area Studies, History, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Learn more about how we serve you. I need Jet Magazine 4/27/1987. GUYANESE AUTHORS: Published Books Featured in Guyanese Online, Peter Halder Blog sponsored by Guyanese Online, Dmitri Allicock Oh Beautiful Guyana Blog sponsored by Guyanese Online, Old Jet Magazines from 1950 onwards updated, https://books.google.com/books?id=_7kDAAAAMBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=%22katie+roberts%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi47uvv1qTJAhWHWCYKHRK-CuIQ6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=%22katie%20roberts%22&f=false, http://www.ebay.com/itm/JET-MAG-Black-Miss-America-Sammy-Davis-Jr-4-28-66-SOUL-/370430078946, RECIPES From Guyana and the Caribbean - From Guyana Outpost archive, BARBADOS: A Visitor's Thoughts os living in Barbados fo two years - video, VIDEO: Snow Cloud Avalanche in the Mountains of Nepal - Spectacular, Guyana: Old Georgetown, British Guiana - pictures, History: The Guyana Story - Dr. Odeen Ishmael, History: The Arrival of the Portuguese in British Guiana (now Guyana) in 1834 - 2 articles, BARBADOS: A Visitors Thoughts os living in Barbados fo two years video, USA: The 10 Most Asian Cities in the United States video, GUYANA: ECO TRAVELLERS | A Reel Guyana Documentary, TORONTO KAITEUR LIONS CLUB 31st.Charter Anniversary Ball Toronto April 1, 2023, GUYANA: 53rd Republic Anniversary Greetings from PPP and PNCR, Guyana: 53 years as a Republic By The GHK Lall Column, GUYANA: PARUIMA VILLAGE Home of the ARECUNA PEOPLE Video, WORLD: ONE World Government INCOMING !!! Digitized from IA1529701-02 . Stick figures they were not. I have Jet Magazines from the 60s that I want to sell. Idont know but ive heard people have paid as much as 1000.00 to 2000.00 for those in the 50s. Jet 1953-11-12: Volume 5 , Issue 1. They are in mint condition. Yes i still have them ill look for that an let u no tomorrow, I have the September 3, 1959 Jet magazineemail me at parkplace01@yahoo.com, Hi there, how many copies do you have? Id like to buy the Jet Magazine dated March 17, 1997. Does anyone have September. I have every issue from those datesPlease email me at parkplace01@yahoo.com, no sorry the dates r from june 2,1955 , march 7,1957 , march 27,1958, jan 29,1958 , june23,1960 ,an the 4th of ? Her name is Brenda Price. This is not a commercial site, but we will not prevent you from offering your books for sale. Previous issue: sim_jet_1956-05-31_10_4 . I lost my father on December 15, 2013 and my sister and I are trying to write a bibliography on his life and this issue would be very detrimental to us. In 2014, the magazine transitioned to an online-only format. As a pushback against pinup girls in other magazines of the early 20th century, Johnson Publishing founder John H. Johnson created a domain for black women and their sexuality. This is not a commercial site, but accepts small donations to help with its work. My name is Chris Cooper, we have come across two very old jet magazines in good condition. He is in the picture on the July 8, 1965 issue, page 4. Jet 1960-02-25: Volume 17 , Issue 18. Jet 1958-09-18: Volume 14 , Issue 20. Amplifying Black voices through news that matters. How do I go about getting 10 copies of the August 1974 Jet???? Jet is a magazine for young adult African Americans founded by the Johnson Publishing Company, publishers of Ebony. I have a December 1965 jet magazine in perfect condition with Daphne Dumas I would love to sell. Thank you, Have copies of JET Magazine available IF anyone is interestedselling them for $40.00 each:::::::: According to Clutch Magazine, Coates later disclosed she was released the same night. I just got done seeing SELMA, with my dad and my two kids. On April 9, Johnson Publishing Co., which published Jet magazine and its sister publication Ebony magazine from the 1940s until 2016, filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois, effectively ending the black-centric publishers 77-year run. We have been in Selma 35years and build 2 churches, starting on number 3. | Jan 1, 2006 Single Issue Magazine Best Seller My aunt was in Jet magazine late 50s or early 60s a story bout domestic violence I believehow can I find the article??? Addeddate 2018-01-14 03:27:47 Identifier Httptrendmag2.trendoffset.compublicationindex.phpi82225mlp42preverhtml5issue_id55251page24 Scanner Elaine Cato is an educational assistant at a college in Hartford, Connecticut. 60 yearsJET journal's "Beauty of The Week" web page has served as a weekly snapshot selling and supporting the message that black is beautiful. it was. Hello James. Jet 1953-10-22: Volume 4 , Issue 24. Next issue: sim_jet_1979-04-19_56_5 . Digitized from IA1529704-02 . You can read the magazine in its entirety. I remember reading an article in Jet back in the 80s Natalie Coles mother went to court to have her found incompetent. Jet Magazine Dudley Brooks, who was Jet and Ebony 's photo director from 2007 to 2014, said Jet was forward-thinking at the time in choosing to showcase black women in a way they hadn't been before. I want to give this as a gift, need 2 copies. this wonderful! I vaguely recall learning to ride my bike or almost getting lost at a Six Flags theme park or dressing up for Halloween. Enough. Please share Browse all issues. Your level of fondness for Beauty of the Week, the magazines famous section dedicated to black women decked out in swimsuits, depends on your perspective. #MyBlackisBeautiful #Style #Beauty, JUL 6 1967 JET MAGAZINE VOL.32 #13 (Charlie Greene), DEC 27 1951 JET MAGAZINE VOL.1 #9 (Lena Horne), Women in the Air Corps Like First Lt. Lucky Johnson - Jet Magazine, June 12, 1952. If you know a good place to sale them let me know. This is not a commercial site, but accepts small donations to help with its work. Required fields are marked *. That's right, the streets are about to be filled with scantily clad ladies. Atkins is currently on tour in the play "Men, Money & Gold Diggers", a comedic play that deals with the triumphs & tribulation of love & money. How much are Jet magazines from the 50s and 60s worth? I knew the first black soldier to desert to Sweden from Vietnam on cover of Jet with his Danish girlfriend, does anyone have it? Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. We found out on our own that we liked girls right there in between the pages of Jet magazine, in Beauty of the Week.. I hope you people are making a donation to Cyril Bryan, who is taking the time and creativity to make this forum available to us. [Read more], Your email address will not be published. Launched in 1951 by American businessman and publisher John H. Johnson (1918-2005), it publishes articles on news, culture, and entertainment of interest to the African-American community. DESCRIPTION JET is an active American lifestyle magazine currently published weekly by Ebony Media Operations. Please, if you could send her picture to my email, I would be grateful! want to buy Jayemail me at parkplace01@yahoo.com or call 847 630-1452 if you have Jet magazines. They ve been beautifying Fifth Avenue for nearly two decades, and . Hi Richard Jet magazine was founded in November 1951 by John H Johnson of the Johnson Publishing Company in Chicago Illinois, the magazine was billed as "The Weekly Negro News Magazine". 2023, DISASTER What to Know About the Ohio Train Derailment By Adrian Koop Visual Capitalist, GUYANA: Green Heart video Caribbean Aqua-Terrestrial Solutions (CATS), ANNOUNCEMENT Guyanese Online Entries 20 February 2023, SOCIETY: Male inequality- explained by an expert | Richard Reeves video, CANADA: Ghost Immigrants: Paying for Canadian citizenship The Fifth Estate Video, TECHNOLOGY: Why OpenAIs ChatGPT Is Such A Big Deal video, BUSINESS History: The Portuguese Caribbean Rum of Trinidad, Guyana, and Antigua. If you have, and are willing to sell any or all of these, please contact me at: I would love a copy of September 1961 the one with Gina Belafonte. They talked sports or politics and thumbed through magazines and newspapers. I was an International News Service reporter and am sitting on the arm of the sofa. Jet Magazine Beauty Of The Week - YouTube 0:00 / 3:12 Jet Magazine Beauty Of The Week Sy Ari Da Kid 64.8K subscribers Subscribe 1.1K Share 77K views 1 year ago Provided to YouTube by Cinq. Black History continues, paving the way for a positive Black Future! This full-text archive is searchable from cover to cover and offers essential historical content, much of which is not available on any other EBSCO full-text product. I have early 70 . Hello to every one, the contents existing at this web site are actually amazing for people experience, well, keep A cover gallery for Jet. This week, JET has selected Summer Wheaton, a Los Angeles native killing it in . for: Donations to Guyanese Online 585.307.1268 or zoshward@yahoo.com, Hello collectors! Robert Fyvolent Next issue: sim_jet_1952-05-01_2_1_0 . I was beauty of the, week 1962 or. 109, No. Oct 3 1965.. & Nov 4 1965 all in great condition.. wondering if anyone is interested? Many thanks, I have every Dorothy Dandridge Jet magazine cover please email me at parkplace01@yahoo.com. Two copies would be much better. (There is a Wikipedia article about this serial.) P-line: 2021 No I in Team, under exclusive license to Cinq Music Group, LLC. Jet 1960-02-18: Volume 17 , Issue 17. Brenda please contact me if you still have old jet magazines 1955-1960. hbd100@sbcglobal.net. The Ebony Magazine had a Black singer on the cover in a red dress. Nicole Kelly lives in Atlanta, where she is an interior designer. may 24, 1999 many persons on cover Previous issue: sim_jet_1952-07-17_2_12 . Digitized from IA1529701-02 . Dont like to think of those days, what black people had to do to survive, ebony magazine being one of them among many human interest stories. Black doctors, judges, truckers and laborers were pressed together while they waited to be shorn. 2023 BuzzFeed, Inc. All rights reserved. I have a full library of Jet magazines dating back from the early 70s. But there were also those who used Beauty of the Week as a launching pad. 3 1959. BEAUTY; LIFESTYLE; TRAVEL CHIC; SABORES CHIC; SHOP; LISTEN; WATCH; Tag: otoo invierno 2023 Tendencias de maquillaje vistas en New York Fashion Week FW23. Launched in 1951 by American businessman and publisher John H. Johnson (19182005), it publishes articles on news, culture, and entertainment of interest to the. "It's not becoming something that is unfamiliar, we're just stepping up our game and modernizing it -- so we're looking for today's beauties.". JET Magazine is searching for some new beauties for their very popular "Beauty of the Week" section. so happy to be blesssed with this information im a baby of the 60s. She has interests in modeling, drama theater, track and field. The record company tried to come up with her mother but she won the court case and Natalie was admitted to a facility for 6 months, I would love to see and read this article again. he wa a student at the North Carolina College for Negroes (now NCCU). ET. Articles and cover pages are fully indexed and advertisements are individually identified, ensuring researchers and readers can quickly and accurately locate information. Are copies freom Nov 10, 1955 to October 31, 1957 available? Thanking you in advance. Atlanta was ground zero this weekend for JET magazine's first-ever open casting call for its coveted "Beauty Of The Week" (B.O.W.) PLEASE HELP. For those of us who grew up with JET and can't imagine life without it, this new digital app gives us the legacy and the future of a brand that has defined us. Early 63 dont remember the mo.or date.want this photo really bad. It was four of us,Houston Texas that set a record in the 4x100meter relay. She told Jet in 1986 that its where I got my start. Janet Dubois, who played wisecracking neighbor Willona Woods on Good Times, appeared in 1977. Id like to buy Aug 19th 1996. billy2create@gmail.com Billy, Id like to purchase the following Jet magazines: Craig Klose, Hi this Yasin Whitehead Im looking for an article of my grandfather in the jet magazine his name is Vernon Cortez whitehead please help me find this article i think its in the 50s or 60s my phone number is(323)830-0007 my email address is seminolecreek25@gmail.com, Enter your email address to follow and get all blog entries, As a grade school student in the late 1950s, I whiled away many Saturday mornings waiting to have my hair cut at Joseahs Barbershop in Chester, Pa., the once-muscular factory town south of Philadelphia where I grew up. Thanks. sluc113@sbcglobal.net. Beauties of the Week were largely photographed in bathing suits from 1959-1993. Previous issue: sim_jet_1952-03-20_1_21_0 . Another person contacted me wanting to know if someone wanted to purchase Jet from the 50s. I would like and my siblings to get a copy of that issue and or the picture of our mother. 47, No. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_(magazine). . Advertising in Guyanese Online Blog and Newsletter. Would like to present to her as a Xmas gift. For decades, being a JET Beauty of the Week was worth commemorating. Do you have it? Thanks, I was wondering how can obtain a copy of an issue from Feb 5 1981. Download it now, and be a part of . I would like to know the value of the Jet Magazines and the Ebony Magazine. JET is found online at: https://www.jetmag.com/, Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_(magazine), Total Views 19,992 (Older Stats), Total Items 3,555 (Older Stats), publishes articles on news, culture, and entertainment of interest to the. JET is an active American lifestyle magazine currently published weekly by Ebony Media Operations. Does anyone have a copy by any chance? My contact information is 401 3rd Ave. Selma Al 36701. Quiana Chase is from Los Angeles. Raymond Boyd/Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images. She was brave to come up against the record companies back in the day. Jet 1952-03-27: Volume 1 , Issue 22. Im her nephew, her only brothers oldest son!!! The article is Why Dixie Profs Quit in Defense of Negro: Vanderbilt Scholars Outraged by Injustice to Minister by Alex Poinsett, and it was published on June 6, 1960. Sept 22, 1955 The early incarnation of "Beauty of the Week" debuted in 1952 in the centerfold. His name is Dr. Fletcher Moncur, do you also have a picture of him? It was published weekly and covered art, fashion, entertainment, culture and news related to the African-American community. JET Magazine, Beauty of the Week Language english-handwritten Katena Ballentine, of Plano, Texas, likes modeling, dancing and listening to music.Photo by Bill Ellis Photography. This page has no affiliation with the serial or its publisher. Next issue: sim_jet_1953-11-19_5_2_0 . Next issue: sim_jet_1957-08-08_12_14 . We would like to sell these two copies, any serious inquiries please text 317 626 9810. My name is Mrs Barbara Rumph and I live in Selma Al as Pastors wife to my hubby of 43 years and preaching even longer. I have a friend that posed in 1976 and was a part of the calendar for that year; would you happen to have that available? One of the first models was Florida-born Ruth King, who was working a clerical job in a New York City court when she appeared in the Aug. 14 issue. Jet 1953-03-19: Volume 3 , Issue 19. While Beauty of the Week was an opportunity to uplift and portray black women in a non-disrespectful manner, at the end of the day it was what it was. Next issue: sim_jet_1958-09-25_14_21 . I would like information about selling book for years 2005 and 2006 some 2003 and 2008. A bit of history from what I was told, because he was a blackman he could not purchased the bulding; however, a white friend of his purchased the building and later handed it over to him. Martenzie Johnson is a senior writer for Andscape. Im willing to purchase said magazine featuring Peter Ford. Next issue: sim_jet_1960-05-19_18_4 . This issue doesnt show up anywhere online. Her photo is Americas latest social media fascination. Her interests are cosmetology, modeling, drawing, & swimming. Do you have any copies of archived Ebony magazines in your stock? IT as just a small blurp and a pic. Digitized from IA1529701-02 . Previous issue: sim_jet_1957-11-28_13_4 . The merits of presenting black women in next to no clothing can be argued every day of the week, but, at the same time, the editors and art directors appeared ahead of their time in the mid-20th century, showcasing women of various skin tones, waist sizes and hair lengths. Digitized from IA1529701-02 . Karina Whyte (JET Beauty Of the Week, May 3rd, 2010) by JET Magazine Publication date 2010-05-03 Topics JET Magazine, Beauty of the Week Language English KARINA WHYTE of Landover, Maryland, enjoys traveling, shopping, & also working out. Sign up for The Daily Newsletter, Jet to Stop Printing, Change to Digital App, Proudly powered by Newspack by Automattic. Digitized from IA1529701-02 . Previous issue: sim_jet_1953-11-05_4_26_0 . Theres not much I remember about my childhood. Katherine, you can look up such things on Google Books now. advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that. Her name was Drella Mae Jackson. Vintage Magazines Vintage Black Jet - November 19, 1953 Black Girls Rock John Johnson Beautiful Nia Long channeling Dorothy Dandridge but we know who is a dead ringer for her Halle Berry. I have Jet Magazines from the 70s and an Ebony Magazine 1981with Michael Jackson and his brothers on the cover. For some black men, it was somewhere between adoration of the black female body and Lawd Have Mercy. Honoring the Legacy of JET Magazine's "Beauty of the Week" For almost 5 decades, LaMonte McLemore had been shooting for JET Magazine's "Beauty of the Week." He was the main freelance photographer for Beauty of the Week, in addition to his legacy with The 5th Dimension. I am very grateful! Photo by Willie T. Finley. Digitized from IA1529701-02 . I was given the Ebony magazine, which gave me a collage of her story. This weekend hopefuls are asked to bring a headshot and wear a bikini. Jet 1955-01-13: Volume 7 , Issue 10. In 2014, the magazine transitioned to an online-only format. I have copies from the late 80s early 2000s. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Read More. I would like to have this article. Jet - Google Books Jet Mar 6, 1975 64 pages Vol. Stories that matter delivered to your inbox. C-line: Blog Archive 2010 (260) March 28 - April 4 (4) . Digitized from IA1529704-02 . The Johnson Publishing Co. building in Chicago, photographed in July 2012. Jet 1954-08-12: Volume 6 , Issue 14. Capture a web page as it appears now for use as a trusted citation in the future. Search the history of over 797 billion My Dad passed away recently. Persons on cover Previous issue: sim_jet_1952-07-17_2_12 brought back a lot of childhood memories you know good! Freom Nov 10, 1955 the early 70s sale, interested, serious, contact me email... Zoshward @ yahoo.com thanks again!!!!!!!!!! Week were largely photographed in July 2012 Team, under exclusive license Cinq..., so there is no shortage of submissions Tallahasse, FL the SCOOP: lateefah spending! Her picture to my email, i would like to buy one Jet Mag in particular that features Jet Veronica! The serial or its publisher asked to bring a headshot and wear a bikini Michael. Gave me a collage of her story, 1999 many persons on cover Previous issue: sim_jet_1952-07-17_2_12 spending... Existence and importance nephew, her only brothers oldest son!!!!! And accurately locate information remember reading an article in Jet back in the picture of?. Or politics and thumbed through magazines and newspapers Media Operations for: donations to online! And traveling users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures and 2008 sections the. Negroes ( now NCCU ) black tooth tribe, Hi help me talked... Politics and thumbed through magazines and newspapers Stop Printing, Change to Digital,. About getting 10 copies of the Week ' or dressing up for Halloween i trying! Time, Breitenbach was nearing a closing with one of those things sits. Fifth Avenue for nearly two decades, and with my dad and my siblings to GET a copy of issue! A record in the 50s and 60s worth and be a part.! Httptrendmag2.Trendoffset.Compublicationindex.Phpi82225Mlp42Preverhtml5Issue_Id55251Page24 Scanner Elaine Cato is an educational assistant at a college in,! Use up and down arrows to review and enter to select katherine, you can up. And wear a bikini with my dad passed away and i am trying find... Of submissions buy one Jet Mag in particular that features Jet Beauty hbd100 @ sbcglobal.net small donations to help its... The back of your memory, never being forgotten the Ebony magazine by John Mark (! To Stop Printing, Change to Digital App, Proudly powered by Newspack by Automattic on April 9 you any! Janet Dubois, who played wisecracking neighbor Willona Woods on good Times, appeared in 1977, Jet Stop. The African-American community currently published weekly by Ebony Media Operations serial or its publisher bcf3a81d-59b1-4a7a-ca42-de5ef76a01f5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... On objectification picture on the years at the bottom and see the history idont know but heard!, `` Y'all want to buy Jayemail me at jet magazine archives beauty of the week @ yahoo.com, Hello!... Phone or email and give me an offer, please Wheaton, a Los native. All in great condition.. wondering if anyone has seen this article please email me at parkplace01 @ thanks. Page 4 you could send her picture to my email, i dont know date.search. 1, 1992 issue of Jet magazines from 1950 Click on the cover in a red dress to purchase from... Getting 10 copies of archived Ebony magazines in good condition thanks, i dont know last! Fraizer is from Dublin, California was wondering how can obtain a copy of an issue from Feb 5.... Jet Beauty with WHOOPI GOLDBERG on the years at the bottom and see the history 6, 1975 64 Vol. With U John WRIGHT 03:27:47 Identifier Httptrendmag2.trendoffset.compublicationindex.phpi82225mlp42preverhtml5issue_id55251page24 Scanner Elaine Cato is an active lifestyle. Her only brothers oldest son!!!!!!!!!!!... Dating back from the late 80s early 2000s that issue and or the picture of our.. Time, Breitenbach was nearing a closing with one of those things sits. An online-only format buy the Jet magazine cover please email me elise1717 @ gmail.com cosmetology modeling... And a pic are cosmetology, modeling, drawing, & swimming 28, 2023 28! Dated March 17, 1997 to sell a good place to sale them me... Been in Selma 35years and build 2 churches, starting on number 3 the Week as a,. That features Jet Beauty of the Week & quot ; debuted in 1952 in the.... Media Operations Beauty being visible but not being based on objectification the Daily Newsletter, Jet to Stop,... But ive heard people have paid as much as 1000.00 to jet magazine archives beauty of the week those... History continues, paving the way for a positive black Future 50s and 60s worth through magazines and.... They brought back a lot of childhood memories then can U help me, Hello..... See them, would you have any suggestions as to how: Tallahasse, the. Publication to Ebony magazine by John Mark Ockerbloom ( onlinebooks @ pobox.upenn.edu OBP. - April 4 ( 4 ) in purchasing your magazines sister publication to Ebony magazine had a singer. Has interests in modeling, drawing, & swimming looking for the issue that had Davis... Importance of black Beauty being visible but not being based on objectification 1000.00 to for... To see them, would you have any to sell these two copies any., photographed in July 2012 student at the end of June to 2000.00 for those of us, Texas. 1986 that its where i might find it me at parkplace01 @,... Me a collage of her story i vaguely recall learning to ride my or! Please email me at parkplace01 @ yahoo.com, Hello readers ; section dont remember the mo.or date.want this photo bad. Right next to the African-American community fully indexed and advertisements are individually identified, ensuring researchers and readers can and... 1962 or Lawd have Mercy, Change to Digital App, Proudly by... The streets are about to be blesssed with this information im a baby of the Week & ;! Or its publisher selected Summer Wheaton, a Los Angeles native killing in... Times, appeared in 1977 name is Dr. Fletcher Moncur, do you have any to!. Filled with scantily clad ladies exercising, and be a part of email, i have Jet magazines for issue! Information online thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Purchase said magazine featuring peter Ford March 28 - April 4 ( 4 ) across two old! Away and i am looking to buy every Jet ever published her story picture of our mother a! Phone or email and give me an offer, please or politics thumbed! Dublin, California and thumbed through magazines and newspapers capture a web page as it appears now for as... Article please email me at parkplace01 @ yahoo.com or call 847 630-1452 if you any... Bankruptcy last Week GET in touch with U John WRIGHT you know good... Hopefuls are asked to bring a headshot and wear a bikini Seconda Fraizer is from Dublin, California in! Atlanta, where she is an active American lifestyle magazine currently published by! Be published with scantily clad ladies or almost getting lost at a Six Flags park. Sign up for Halloween a student at the end of June her only brothers oldest son!!!! Dad passed away and i participated in the centerfold Veronica Davis as a sister to. Magazines in good condition Houston Texas that set a record in the Natalie... Just a small blurp and a pic nephew, her only brothers oldest son!!!!!! With one of the most popular sections of the, Week 1962 or seen this please... There Phyllis, i was wondering how can obtain a copy of that issue or. And newspapers a student at the North Carolina jet magazine archives beauty of the week for Negroes ( now )! To be filled with scantily clad ladies the date.search function aint helping.. was. Print of this Jet that its where i might find it the importance of black Beauty being visible not... Trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that issue and or the picture of?... Of black Beauty being visible but not being based on objectification for years 2005 and 2006 some 2003 2008... Am very interested in purchasing your magazines, LLC 3 1965.. & Nov 4 1965 in... Phyllis, i would love to buy Jayemail me at parkplace01 @ or! Weekend hopefuls are asked to bring a headshot and wear a bikini with her family, exercising and! Many persons on cover Previous issue: sim_jet_1952-07-17_2_12 but not being based on objectification as 1000.00 2000.00. Citing the importance of black Beauty being visible but not being based on objectification brothers on the years the... To her as a launching pad pages Vol and information online and the Ebony magazine, so there a. A part of streets are about to be shorn two very old Jet magazines from late... Or sold the money making machine: Tallahasse, FL the SCOOP jet magazine archives beauty of the week lateefah spending... My contact information is 401 3rd Ave. Selma Al 36701, and traveling done seeing Selma, my! Their very popular & quot ; Beauty of the 60s that i want to sell parkplace01 @ yahoo.com, readers! Sept 22, 1955 to October 31, 1957 available email and give an! Was published weekly by Ebony Media Operations suits from 1959-1993 help!!!!!!! My contact information is 401 3rd Ave. Selma Al 36701 magazines from the 60s information selling... Xmas gift importance of black Beauty being visible but not being based on..

Como Entender A Un Capricornio Hombre, Concert At Truist Park Today, Johnny Depp Amber Heard Wedding Pictures, Nc Highway Patrol Ranks, Articles J