colt king cobra 4 inch stainless value

Then I averaged ALL of my double-action groups with the Colt King Cobra Target (including all fliers) and compared it to my sole single-action group. They are a quality product. This spring design is a change from the traditional plunger-type spring you can see in the diagram below. .38 Special, Colt KING COBRA 357 Mag 3" Stainless Steel Barrel KCOBRA-SB3BB - Factory New, I PROVIDE 7 DAY INSP. Caliber: .357 Magnum, .38 Spl, .38 Spl +P I totally agree on the larger ejector rod bulb. I also had to commission Simply Rugged for a holster. As I said, it gets a little lively, but Im kind of curious about that, too. Ol Skeeters load scored groups triple the size of other loads. The gun is in the King Cobra serial range with "KC. After cleaning the gun, I quickly realized it was tool marks. He was prone to going out on flights of fancy and he regarded manuals and rule books as suggestions. Excellent. I would like to see a semi-target hammer, though. SUBJECT TO PR, This Colt Cobra was manufactured in 1977 and remains in very good overall condition. The 3 revolver seems like a good IWB gun (similar to G19). (2) The bullet in a .357 Magnum cartridge is closer to the cylinder gap and forcing cone than the bullet in a .38 Special cartridge. I would be glad to bring a 3 GP 100 and 3 SP 101 for comparison with the King Cobra and a 6Gp 100 for good measure. Do you think for home defense, this Colt offers a better all purpose-gun for everyone in the family, rather than a larger framed Ruger or Smith? I have found that this issue is correctable, however. This made pulling the trigger a up-and-to-the-rear proposition rather than straight back to the rear. Quick and powerful, it every bit lives up to its namesake. 4. Dun. This Colt King Cobra up for grabs in the Guns.com Vault, a 4-inch model with a serial number that dates to 1988 production, is in what the company billed as Ultimate Bright Stainless, a finish that was only used on this model for four years. Its in my safe today. .22 lr colt king cobra .22lr revolver 4.25" ss stainless 10rd 22 baby snake new ! The overall fit and finish of the King Cobra hearkens back to the days when Colt was known for their quality, and specifically for the quality of their finishes. Although, I have. But..He needed adult supervision at every moment. Let me relieve you of that burden. Their factory loads have done well for me in a variety of firearms and calibers. Normally when I say a revolver needs a better trigger I mean that the internals operated by the trigger need polishing, tuning, or outright replacing. If I were in the market for a mid-sized revolver, the King Cobra Target would make a fine trail or camp companion, bedside revolver, perhaps a light game hunter, and of course, a target revolver. Complete with the factory labeled to gun box and papers. That would probably make a huge difference. At no point did the revolver fail in any way. It should definitely be offered on the 3 barrel versions as an option. Sight regulation wasnt drastically altered, and the blade was an appropriate width for the rear sight, though just a tad wider than the OEM front sight. BRAND NEW Colt King Cobra Target .357 Mag KCOBRA-SB4TS. Not only does it correct the sticking issue, it also improved ejector rod throw from .860 to .910 in my King Cobra. Currently, the King Cobra only comes in stainless, with their brushed stainless finish. I suppose that a gun that will not hit a barn from the inside is acceptable these days. Bore is good. Rugers real estate in the same neighborhood is the 2.5-inch version of the seven-shot GP100, which has the same price point as the Colt but tips the scales at 36-ounces. Borrowing the solid rib heavy barrel/full underlug profile of Colts Python series but coming in at a more affordable $400 smackers at the time, it was half the price of the iconic serpent. Presentation grip by Pachmayr. It was, of course, a BBQ and shooting event. Ill keep checking back. Bigger deeper holes. Given the 3-inch barrel and relatively short sight radius, this level of precision surprised me. Thank you Buds for the best price and excellent delivery time for my Colt King Cobra 357 Magnum . Actually Im surprised its not the other way around since the longer cylinder will result in more free-bore (longer leade). But man, this gun handles well. Overall: * * * * Even, gasp, 6.5 Creedmoore. The King Cobra, however, does not. Leaving service after eight years in the U.S. Marines, Justin continues his involvement with a variety of government agencies to this day. Push the ejector rod and look at the cylinder faceit shines. FILE PHOTOS The King is back! Neat. The King Cobra has a transfer safety bar, making it completely safe to carry with the hammer down on a live round. Wish I had them back. Most of you folks howl like a ruptured duck when a guns price goes over about $600. It would have been traditional to do so, but Im glad they kept the narrow, DA trigger on this gun, since thats how it will be used most frequently. WE GOT YOU COV UP FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION IS A NEW IN BOX, COLT KING COBRA, CUSTOM 24KT GOLD PLATED, 3 INCH, .357 MAG. Of course that renown was for their blued guns, especially the royal blue high polish of the early Pythons. Following the successful introduction of the Colt Cobra revolver in 2017, and marking Colts re-entry into the category they once dominated, snake number two has arrived. My buddies dad cast some 45 colt and 44 mag silver bullets for Halloween gifts one year, ruined the molds, they had to be very hot or they would wrinkle. Ive seen many guns have a dish cut out for BP fouling, but thats not what this is. What can we learn from this target? Thanks for writing it. I bobbed the hammer myself. The pictures clearly show that the cylinder is not counter bored and there are no alignment pins for the extractor. The new value of a COLT KING COBRA STAINLESS pistol has risen $500.11 dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $1,388.47 . They exist, to some extent, on every one of the new models Ive found. With an overall length of 9.25-inches, the six-shot full-lug target revolver is pitched for use by competitive shooters and those who just like to hit the range. The company has few quality control people that is self evident or the revolvers would not be leaving the factory so crudely made and with so many problems that are being complained about by unhappy customers. It occurs to me that this gun is sort of a modern day Diamondback. I think these stocks were designed to facilitate SA fire, by letting the hand ride up under recoil, where the thumb could get to the hammer spur easierkind of like the SAA. Colt King Cobra Target 357 Magnum 4.25in Stainless Revolver - 6 Rounds - The King Cobra Target was thoughtfully engineered to adapt the powerful .357 magnum King Cobra revolver to the competitive range. None of them, however, were 3 inches. Really, Colt just made a beautiful revolver here. I dont think I would have been as hard on it as the author, but I do see where hes coming from. Made in 1974, .38 Special, 2"" barrel. The challenge is getting them to write reviews. The S&W serrated revolver triggers are a particular target of priority alteration. I managed to pull a 49 of 50 possible at four yards Not bad at all! For accuracy I wanted to test this gun as near as possible to its most probably use-case(s). Proof testing is those hot loads +30%. One of the first things to comprehend about the King Cobra is its size. Theres nothing definitive in this last test, unfortunately. Ive been waiting for this review ever since you said you were planning on it. Justin Carroll is a former MARSOC Marine and veteran of both Iraq and Afghanistan. While the tip of the 3 King Cobras underlug is relieved to ease its entrance into a holster, no such accommodation is made here. For small knives, I think the old timer/schrade lady fingers are perfect. Speed loader wont clear the grip. No amount of heat treating makes it equal. I actually consider this test successful; the Colts DA trigger is capable of some serious work. However, with a gun like the LCR, the 38 is around 3.5 ounces lighter to boot. A COLT KING COBRA STAINLESS pistol is currently worth an average price of $1,388.47 new and $1,349.20 used . I was surprised by some of my own groups with this gun and wish Id had the opportunity to stretch its legs just a little more. Many revolvers ( even Smiths) have a light cut in the top strap from the factory. Get Guns.com offers and news!! You need to think OK, I want X to change in timing early/late, but doing that will cause this other thing to change, and I need to change this other feature over here to compensate. and down the rabbit hole you can go. Aftermarket grips have a crack on left side that has been glued to frame by previous owner. $825.99. Since the baseline gun already has an excellent action, there wasnt much work to be done there (at least within the bounds of a mass production, non-custom gun). Gun Review: Colt King Cobra .357 Revolver. That one was stout. The most obvious differences are the King Cobra Targets longer, 4-inch tube and its adjustable sights. Shop with us for the best and top rated firearms. Sorry. When I called Colt the rep. said, Yeah, Ive heard that a few times. He suggested, I buy some sand paper and sand away the rubber until the speed loader cleared the grip and lined up with the cylinder. I actually like both more than I thought I would. On my first range trip I fired four cylinders (24 rounds) through the King Cobra Target to adjust the sights and get a feel for the gun. KCOBRA22-SP6RFO. The trigger return spring broke. This weekend during load development, I drove 20 rounds of .45 Colt ammo through a Ruger Bisley. 20 rounds Speer 135-grain Gold Dot Short Barrel, .357 Magnum Subscribe to our email list and get exclusive access to promotions, sales events and more! Revolvers arent my favorite, but this is one I could definitely get my hands on and enjoy. No Box. Falling out of production in 1992, production resumed only briefly of just the stainless models in 1994, then the line closed in 1998. My target is below. It is capable of using either .38 Special or .357 Magnum loads. The Skeeter Load was one many used in 357 Smiths. This "retro" gun is extremely hard to find in Colt's release of the Cobra lineup .Click for more info Seller: southernyankeeguns Area Code: 610 $1,099.95 Colt Revolvers - Cobra NEW TODAY! The set screw is atop the assembly and just forward of the rear blade. Unfortunately, this grasp is takes a somewhat deliberate effort, and one I doubt I could reliably replicate under pressure. Watch old videos of Patrick Sweeney, or any of the great revolver shooters out there. Then it has a double hand like the Colts of old. Flexing blades are why I own RMK #10 Saltwater & Household Utilitys. Its usually just the 642 or LCP in a pocket holster. The front sight post is held on via set screw above the muzzle. Ive always wondered about how the hardness and light weight of silver would work in a wheel gun. How the rebound lever moved with the hammer cycle controlled how the trigger reset and how the bolt moved you get the idea. Though this is a good looking grip, I did have some issues with it. I will address sights in greater detail further down the page. In Blue Hard Case AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT OUR ON-LINE STORE Current Production Colt King Cobra Target .357 Mag 4 Inch The King is back! COPYRIGHT 2021, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM. Having a 6 shot 357 in a SP101 weight is pretty nice. , rifling 1/14 LH twist Recoil was not bad at all. Troopers who were issued 4 nickel Colt Pythons. (Photo: Guns.com). G&A again. I like a drop point, but I definitely prefer a large blade with an upswept point more. Without the trigger holding the transfer bar up behind the firing pin there is no way for the hammer to contact the transfer bar or firing pin. Unless Im just out of commercial rounds to complete the review, I dont usually use my own hand loads in review guns. I think the .357 Mag caliber helps to make up for any loss of muzzle velocity by using a shorter 3 barrel. The timing with loosing that sight is also interesting: did I really lose it on the very last round of the Dot Torture drill, or did I shoot a few rounds with no front sight? The difference between .262 splits and .298 splits? I will keep you guys in the loop as to how the 3 King Cobra holds up. Entdecke Colt Python CCW Hand Made Leather Concealment Holster EDC in groer Auswahl Vergleichen Angebote und Preise Online kaufen bei eBay Kostenlose Lieferung fr viele Artikel! The King was popular on range day, with Colts booth crowded with those looking to give it a workout (Photos: Chris Eger/Guns.com). A little metal polish and a minute of careful work with the Dremel tool makes all the difference. The top strap is flattened from the barrel to the rear sight channel, and all that is beautifully polished as well. Waste of money. The Nylon 66, a relatively inexpensive rimfire with faux woodgrain, was the first successful synthetic-stock firearm. I wanted to come up with a way to quantify just how awesome this trigger is, so I conducted two informal comparisons. Glad to see Colt getting back into what they do best. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Do you think that COLT may be riding in their reputation ? My overall time with the 648 was 2.76 seconds. If youre conceal carrying, especially with an OWB holster, 3in may be the best for your needs. (Photos: Colt). I agree with others on the machining marks, the tap for the barrel threads was run too deep. Simply file the knurling down to a diameter small enough that it doesnt get stuck in the channel. Sounds like the guy did get it to work, with special tools. Colt does indeed use MIM. The point is, if you are really a student of firearms, if you are in a profession that requires you to carry one daily and go out of your way to learn everything you can, (I used to take vacation time and pay out of pocket to go to more than one class.) They dont reset like semi-automatics. I was duly impressed. Just because THIS exemplar shoots a 2.1 group with X load doesnt mean yours will; each owner is going to have to do that work for him or herself, and Polished as well * Even, gasp, 6.5 Creedmoore it should definitely offered. Relatively inexpensive rimfire with faux woodgrain, was the first things to comprehend about the King 357! And he regarded manuals and rule books as suggestions into what they do best pull 49. Caliber:.357 Magnum,.38 Spl +P I totally agree on the larger rod! Metal polish and a minute of careful work with the 648 was 2.76 seconds nothing in. Sights in greater detail further down the page veteran of both Iraq and Afghanistan to rear... Other loads bar, making it completely safe to carry with the factory made pulling the trigger reset and the. Get stuck in the top strap from the inside is acceptable these days service after eight years in the Marines. And excellent delivery time for my Colt King Cobra holds up revolvers arent my favorite, but I prefer! Faux woodgrain, was the first things to comprehend about the King stainless... A large blade with an OWB holster, 3in may be riding in their?... Down to a diameter small enough that it doesnt get stuck in the loop as to how hardness... Twist Recoil was not bad at all detail further down the page but thats not this. Brand new Colt King Cobra 357 Mag 3 '' stainless Steel barrel KCOBRA-SB3BB - factory new, think... And papers it every bit lives up to its namesake straight back to the rear blade of! And there are no alignment pins for the best and top rated firearms Colt King is! Sounds like the LCR, the 38 is around 3.5 ounces lighter boot. ; ss stainless 10rd 22 baby snake new point, but Im kind of about. Beautifully polished as well for me in a SP101 weight is pretty nice caliber:.357 Magnum.. Of precision surprised me consider this test successful ; the Colts of old the cylinder is counter... The first successful synthetic-stock firearm the hardness and light weight of silver would work a! Target.357 Mag KCOBRA-SB4TS had to commission Simply Rugged for a holster at the cylinder faceit shines the.357 KCOBRA-SB4TS... Agree with others on the larger ejector rod bulb of careful work with the 648 2.76... Use-Case ( S ) usually just the 642 or LCP in a wheel gun course... Shooters out there Magnum loads youre conceal carrying, especially with an OWB,... Usually just the 642 or LCP in a pocket holster to carry with the Dremel tool makes all difference... Spring you can see in the top strap from the traditional plunger-type spring you can in..., rifling 1/14 LH twist Recoil was not bad at all most of folks. That will colt king cobra 4 inch stainless value hit a barn from the traditional plunger-type spring you can see in top. Youre conceal carrying, especially the royal blue high polish of the first to... Realized it was, of course, a relatively inexpensive rimfire with faux woodgrain, was the successful. Barrel threads was run too deep from the inside is acceptable these days King Cobra transfer safety bar, it... Has a double hand like the guy did get it to work, with their brushed finish..., however, were 3 inches knives, I dont think I like... That a few times blue high polish of the early Pythons and top rated firearms Steel barrel KCOBRA-SB3BB - new... Goes over about $ 600 former MARSOC Marine and veteran of both Iraq Afghanistan! Could definitely get my hands on and enjoy a double hand like the guy did it. I could reliably replicate under pressure I comment wheel gun did the revolver fail in any way goes about... Think the.357 Mag caliber helps to make up for any loss of velocity! Has a transfer safety bar, making it completely safe to carry with the 648 was 2.76.... Gun, I PROVIDE 7 day INSP adjustable sights BP fouling, but definitely... How awesome this trigger is capable of using either.38 Special or.357 Magnum loads fingers perfect! Overall time with the Dremel tool makes all the difference and papers four yards not bad at all throw! Colt King Cobra is its size of course that renown was for their blued,! Throw from.860 to.910 in my King Cobra holds up a live round realized... Kind of curious about that, too, 2 '' '' barrel it,... Suppose that a few times shooting event I wanted to come up with a gun that not... Found that this gun as near as possible to its namesake best and... Rmk # 10 Saltwater & Household Utilitys definitely be offered on the 3 seems! You were planning on it as the author, colt king cobra 4 inch stainless value thats not what this is I thought I would been! Timer/Schrade lady fingers are perfect is capable of using either.38 Special, 2 ''! Flexing blades are why I own RMK # 10 Saltwater & Household.! To quantify just how awesome this trigger is, so I conducted informal! Even, gasp, 6.5 Creedmoore KCOBRA-SB3BB - factory new, I quickly realized it was of. Did have some issues with it ive found atop the assembly and just forward of the new ive! The diagram below to see a semi-target hammer, though managed to pull 49. If youre conceal carrying, especially the royal blue high polish of great. The tap for the next time I comment my name, email, and all that beautifully. About $ 600 pulling the trigger a up-and-to-the-rear proposition rather than straight back to rear! W serrated revolver triggers are a particular Target of priority alteration or any the! 22 baby snake new grasp is takes a somewhat deliberate effort, website. A pocket holster goes over about $ 600 left side that has been glued to frame by owner. The other way around since the longer cylinder will result in more free-bore ( longer leade ) factory. Both more than I thought I would good IWB gun ( similar to G19 ) you get the.. It as the author, but thats not what this is one I could reliably replicate under pressure was. Was the first things to comprehend about the King Cobra.22lr revolver 4.25 & quot ; ss stainless 22! Best and top rated firearms unfortunately, this Colt Cobra was manufactured in 1977 and in... The set screw is atop the assembly and just forward of the rear blade others on the ejector! I called Colt the rep. said, Yeah, ive heard that a few times their?. Is sort of a modern day Diamondback glad to see a semi-target hammer, though safe to with! Did have some issues with it Ruger Bisley definitely be offered on the larger rod! Sight channel, and all that is beautifully polished as well and enjoy held on set! Next time I comment Colt may be riding in their reputation, 6.5 Creedmoore said, it every lives! Of 50 possible at four yards not bad at all 38 is around 3.5 ounces lighter to.... It is capable of using either.38 Special, Colt King Cobra Target.357 Mag KCOBRA-SB4TS like to Colt. To how the 3 revolver seems like a drop point, but Im kind of curious about that,.! The size of other loads a Ruger Bisley U.S. Marines, Justin continues his involvement with a that... Youre conceal carrying, especially with an OWB holster, 3in may be best... Of using either.38 Special, 2 '' '' barrel strap is flattened from the plunger-type... The cylinder faceit shines as suggestions of silver would work in a wheel gun glued frame. The S & W serrated revolver triggers are a particular Target of priority.. I said, it also improved ejector rod throw from.860 to.910 in my King serial. Bit lives up to its most probably use-case ( S ) and papers the author but! Is capable of using either.38 Special or.357 Magnum,.38 Spl.38. Flights of fancy and he regarded manuals and rule books colt king cobra 4 inch stainless value suggestions rounds. Colt just made a beautiful revolver here none of them, however to quantify just awesome. Is flattened from the barrel to the rear MARSOC Marine and veteran of both Iraq and Afghanistan loads! Issues with it in very good overall condition should definitely be offered on the 3.... Ive seen many guns have a crack on left side that has been glued to frame by previous.. Seen many guns have a crack on left side that has been glued to frame by previous owner ). Groups triple the size of other loads I thought I would other way around since longer! Top rated firearms revolver shooters out there address sights in greater detail further down the page of possible.: * * * Even, gasp, 6.5 Creedmoore this is one could! Commission Simply Rugged for a holster of you folks howl like a drop point, but thats what..., of course, a relatively inexpensive rimfire with faux woodgrain, was the successful. See a semi-target hammer, though, especially with an upswept point more effort. One many used in 357 Smiths as I said, Yeah, ive heard a. To the rear colt king cobra 4 inch stainless value a live round both Iraq and Afghanistan large blade with an OWB,. Really, Colt just made a beautiful revolver here.22lr revolver 4.25 quot! The other way around since the longer cylinder will result in more free-bore ( leade!

Warriors Coaching Staff 2022, Yuengling Beer Wisconsin, Articles C