dorit kemsley breakin staged

(Security video shows one of the intruders dragging a large white bundle across the patio.) Robberies have increased in L.A., generally, and police say this particular trend of people being followed and robbed of expensive jewelry and other luxury goods has really taken off since last year. Dorit Kemsley, 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' star, was reportedly held at gunpoint on Wednesday night when three men broke into her home. The head of the LAPDs Robbery-Homicide Division told me that, as of last month, there had been 56 follow-home or follow-off robberies in 2022, on top of 165 last year. The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed that a break-in did occur at 10:50 PM, on October 27. In 2017, her co-star Kyle Richards was the victim of a similar crime. Then, I dont see them and I dont see them. Meanwhile, a few others claim that the entire narrative appears fake. Kemsley said the intruder told her, "Get down on the fucking ground. Sounds like a trashy system. Everything was way too casual for it to not have been a set up, a fifth person wrote. Im so happy Dorit has a fake storyline now. She said Sutton takes a lot of swings, so she should expect people to swing back. She said. The video has been watched more than 55,000 times (as of November 10, 2021), and its unclear if the LAPD have received any tips or additional information about the men seen on camera since the video was posted. Throughout RHOBH season 12, some viewers questioned whether Dorit's home invasion was as authentic as she claims. A source told the outlet that three men broke in to Dorits home around 11 p.m. local time. Dorit described being held at gunpoint and begging the burglars to spare her and her children. TMZ reported that Kemsley, a 45-year-old fashion designer, was asleep when the break-in occurred, and her two children, son Jagger and daughter Phoenix, were in the home at the time, but none. However, she put her daughter back in her room that night due to jet lag. Dorit says they have since gotten a 24-hour security detail at their house, and that appears to be new -- because she tells us she was alone when this break-in occurred. Im so tired. So I picked her up and I put her in her bed. Now with The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills season 12 over and a new season on the way, fans are excited to see if Dorit will make a return. Paul Kemlsey and Dorit Kemsley. Its been a weird day, a weird morning., Richards, 53, shocked by Strackes remarks, then asks in a confessional, Are you that wrapped up in yourself that you are not grasping what just happened to our friend?. Lisa recently swapped jabs with Doritsco-star, Erika Jayne, amid the EXXPEN$IVE singers ongoing beef with Garcelle Beauvais. Kemsleys son, Jagger, 8, and daughter, Phoenix, 6, whom she shares with husband Paul PK Kemsley, were asleep at the time of the robbery, while PK, 54, was in London. At the time of the incident, Kemsley was home alone with her two children daughter Phoenix, 5, and son Jagger, 7 and all three had just returned from a wedding in London. Just f***ing kill her. It was two men. Holding RHOBH's Dorit at gunpoint, the men took everything they could get their hands on before fleeing the scene. Recounting the burglary, Dorit revealed she was held at gunpoint while her two children were asleep. Anyone with information on the suspects was asked to call the LAPD Robbery-Homicide Division at 213-486-6840. "In fear for her safety," Dorit led the suspects to her valuables. She said they put a gun to her head and threatened to kill her while her children slept. There have been many questions about the validity of the story and why Dorit did not enable her security system. Was PK Dorit Kemsley robbery home invasion fake staged on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Season 12 Episode 1 Premiere.Full Episode Recap - "The Break-In" |. I thought this is it. Dorit Kemsley's Husband PK Says Family Is 'Doing Ok' After Robbery: 'We Will Get Through This', 'RHOBH' Star Dorit Kemsley Says She 'Begged for Her Life' During Home Invasion, Actor Terrence J Shot at During an Attempted 'Follow-Home' Robbery in Los Angeles: Reports, Dorit Kemsley's Kids, 5 and 7, Are 'Unaware' of Recent Home Invasion That Happened While Asleep, 'RHOBH' Star Dorit Kemsley Robbed During California Home Invasion: Report, 'RHOBH' Star Dorit Kemsley Says She's 'Feeling Blessed' for Her Family's Safety After Home Invasion, Kyle Richards Says She's 'So Grateful' Dorit Kemsley and Her Family Are OK Following Home Invasion, Dorit Kemsley Steps Out with Husband PK and Her 'RHOBH' Costars Days After Home Invasion, 'RHOBH' 's Kathy Hilton and Teddi Mellencamp React to Dorit Kemsley Home Invasion: 'She's So Strong', Teddi Mellencamp Says Dorit Kemsley Is 'Going to Do the Work' to Process 'Traumatic' Home Invasion, Kyle Richards Says 'RHOBH' Costar'' Dorit Kemsley Is 'Not So Great' After 'Terrifying' Home Invasion. And watching PK cry just added to it. The robbery remains under investigation. Dorits two young children were asleep in their beds, and Dorits husband, PK, was in London, at the time of the robbery. According to TMZ, Kemsley's husband, Paul, was out of town on a business trip when the robbery occurred. If this is true, why isnt it in the press?, Shes startin #RHOBHpic.twitter.com/Pbb7lHjxex, Queens of Bravo (@queensofbravo) May 9, 2022. Your login session has expired. Its all relative, Sutton said after Kyle told Sutton that she couldnt believe she was comparing her situation to Dorits. 'RHOBH' Recap: Dorit Kemsley Details Terrifying Break-In, Says She Was Nearly Killed In the May 12 episode of 'RHOBH', Dorit Kemsley revealed that the two men who broke into her house. Share or comment on this . Anyone with information or suspect identification is urged to contact Robbery-Homicide Division, Robbery Special Section, at (213) 486-6840. The second half of the footage released by LAPD shows the men dragging items out of the home wrapped in bedding. Kemsley is one of a number of wealthy residents targeted in so-called follow-home robberies in upscale enclaves of Los Angeles. Her two young kids were asleep in their rooms when two masked robbers broke into her home through the kids' classroom window. And he charged at me, grabbed me, put me down [and said], Get down on the fing ground. Its been six months since the scandal surrounding the couple dominated the Beverly Hills reunion. She recollected how one of the men asked her to lead them to the valuables. After moving Phoenix, Kemsley said she washed her face and brushed her teeth before returning to her bedroom. Kemsley revealed that the burglars narrowly missed interacting with her daughter. And PK Kemsley, aka Mr. Dorit Kemsley, has been involved in an ugly lawsuit with the Bellagio in Las Vegas for years. All I could think in my head was, I have to do anything to save these kids, she says. Not in the papers, not in the blogs. Jeroslyn is a Writer, Creator, and Correspondent in the Los Angeles region. The incident took place on October 27, 2021, and was first reported by the Daily Mail. Would love your thoughts, please comment. Kyle Richards was in tears for days over the entire ordeal, but someone who wasnt as bothered by the incident was Sutton. They spent about 20. Fans were convinced that Dorit was on the chopping block after RHOBH season 11 due to not having much of a storyline. Bravo can do their due diligence, she snapped back at a producer, when they asked when and how the claims were disproven. Privacy Notice And I thought [it was] my kids. The U.K. native noted that he was now with Dorit, 45, after returning from a trip overseas. Dorit Kemsley walked viewers and her fellow castmates through the details of her home invasion in the season 12 premiere of "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills," which aired on Wednesday. Anyway, upon Garcelle and Suttons return to Beverly Hills, Garcelle met up with Erika for a workout. They asked her for "watches" and "cash." Her husband, Paul Kemsley (PK), was in London during the break-in and returned home the next day. Apparently, said bestie got the memo: In the pics, Dorit and her pal could be twins in their dark and glam ensembles. Its all so suspicious. Then, instead of talking about Dorit, Sutton told Kyle how she scheduled a therapy session the following week because she was feeling weird energy. If you've been watching season 12 of Bravo's Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, you may know that one of the main plots revolves around a terrifying break-in at the Encino home of cast member Dorit Kemsley. You can have it all. Please dont hurt me,' Dorit recalled. Authorities on Monday sought the public's assistance to identify three suspects in a home-invasion robbery in Encino that targeted Real Housewives of Beverly Hills cast member Dorit Kemsley. Kemsley, 45, was at her house in Encino, Calif., with her two young children on the evening of Oct. 27, 2021, when armed men broke in and stole high-end belongings including jewelry, handbags and watches. Kemsley, who shared her high-profile life with her 1.3 million followers on Instagram daily, said she has been on a social media break. Others have taken place on the street. The thieves made off with expensive possessions, including jewelry, handbags, and watches, but no one was injured. When they came into my bedroom, when they had the gun to my head, I thought, This is it, this is how Im going to die, Kemsley recalls in a tearful confessional interview. Was PK Dorit Kemsley robbery home invasion fake staged on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Season 12 Premiere. PK was still in London, at the time. October 27, 2021 Home Invasion Robbery suspects captured on video surveillance. ", The reality star explained that her children had been asleep during the invasion and were "unaware of what happened. security footage from Dorit Kemsleys home, on YouTube by the Los Angeles Police Department, Lisa Rinna Debuts New Look & Fans Cant Get Over it. Just three years ago, Dorit's co-star, Kyle, and her husband, Mauricio Umansky, were faced with a break-in at their $8.2 million Encino home.Luckily, though, despite being robbed of over $1 million in items, they were not home at the time.. Taking place on October 27th, the robbery saw three intruders break into her home through a patio door and held the 45-year-old at gunpoint. "I don't see them, so I get out of my bed and that's when I saw not a little person but a big person," she continued, recalling how one of the intruders attacked her on sight. Full Episode Recap - "The Break-In" | Recap & React | RHOBH S12 E1:. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star, 45, was the victim of a robbery that occurred while her two children son Jagger, 7, and daughter Phoenix, 5 were asleep and her husband was away in London, per the Daily Mail. Headed out of town for spring break? And when Kyle asked her what sort of fire she was putting out, she said she was struggling to get a French designer into the country to help her with her house. Little did they know, there were masked men inside. And when she decided that head-to-toe sparkling black cashmere was the vibe for a recent night out with her "bestie," she went for it. They went on to note that Dorit's account at Lisa's house the day after the robbery took place was "different to the news report. The tears they are a flowin over here, Dorit is so brave, it was so scary what happened to her . Dorit Kemsley was the victim of a robbery that occurred while she and her two children son Jagger, 7, and daughter Phoenix, 5 were asleep and her husband was away in London Outside of being a TV addict, Jeroslyn enjoys spending time with her husband and cat Leonidis and going for peaceful walks around LA. "So you moved her? They were surprised to see me at home When they did, they pushed me to the ground. There were irreplaceable items that they took, but it doesn't matter to me whatsoever," Kemsley said. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Dorit Kemsley kicked off season 12 with a terrifying home robbery, in which she was held at gunpoint. After attending a wedding in London, she and her two children returned to Beverly Hills without PK. New surveillance footage shows portions of the home invasion that took place at Dorit Kemsley's Encino residence last month. Furthermore, Erika said that Sutton was asking for it. Following the violent home invasion, the ladies rallied around Dorit and gave her all the support she needed. Lisa took to Twitter to correct her former pal, sharing that she indeed reached out to Dorits husband, Paul PK Kemsley. We learn that Kemsley, who had just returned from London, was jet-lagged and home without her husband, Paul PK Kemsley, who was still in the U.K., when the break-in occurred. Also, people care about even the most mundane aspects of celebrities and reality television stars lives. Then, all of a sudden, I hear the door open, she began telling the group. Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. On Twitter, fans sent their love to the reality TV star and applauded Dorit for her strength and bravery. Maybe Erika didnt understand it. "When he saw me, he panicked and he charged at me and grabbed me.". These robberies have gotten a lot of attention from the media, but has the overall incidence of robberies and burglaries in Los Angeles risen significantly? Access your favorite topics in a personalized feed while you're on the go. She claimed she was joking, but it may not be a bad idea. It does seem like they know exactly where theyre going. A series of high-profile crimes in upscale parts of Los Angeles smash-and-grab and follow-home robberies have gotten widespread attention in recent months. It was also during this meeting with the ladies, that Dorit and PK finally reunited. Erika punctuated her scathing remark with a pointed hashtag#Halitosis. Ive loved getting to know her [and] Ive loved getting to know PK more, Stracke notes. By clicking Sign up, you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider On Wednesday night, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hill s star and her family returned home from London. They knew the camera angles so their car was never seen too. Powered by. And her children, I could eat them up. And yes after accident not a wordfrom any of them but thats ok, I had pillars of support Social media went crazy with questions. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your device and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. All the other housewives also extended their support to her. Is there evidence these crimes are connected to and being perpetrated by gangs or other criminal organizations? Erika lashed out in response in the @bravohousewives comment section. Please logout and login again. Calls made during non-business hours or on weekends can be directed to 877-527-3247. The thieves made off with expensive possessions, including jewelry, handbags, and watches, but no one was injured. In an interview with ExtraTV, Dorit opened up about the terrifying experience. Every robbery is unique. This is why I say there was a legitimate break in, it wasn't a scam. The victim was inside the residence at the time and was confronted by the suspects, according to a police statement. She assumed that it was her children coming to find her but was confused when they did not appear after a few moments. "They took high value bags and jewelry, whatever they could fit into the comforter. It was Erika, Garcelle, Lisa and the hostess herself (Kyle), so Sutton and Crystal Kung Minkoff werent present. Avigail has a background in marketing. There was someone else who said, Just kill her, just kill her already, just kill her, and all I could think of, I have to save those babies. I begged them, I begged for my life, and begged for their life. Lisa is not happy about the claim, and while we love mini feuds, we kind of hope this one doesnt span the entire season. Before that, Rector worked at the Baltimore Sun for eight years, where he was a police and investigative reporter and part of a team that won the 2020 Pulitzer Prize in local reporting. And I thought [it was] my kids. *cough* fake *cough*. Dorit Kemsley 'Trying to Heal from the Trauma' of Home Invasion, Says Source. "How would you forget details like that of your own burglary?" And I grabbed my pillow, and I was so happy to be in bed. Just fucking kill her,'" she said. More: Why Fans Think RHOBH Is Becoming Too Heavy & Serious. We've received your submission. One robber was kind enough to leave Dorit's cell phone by her gate. I fought for mine and my kids lives, and I got lucky My kids didnt wake up and they dont know anything about it, she added. One thing she gets to enjoy more now than she did growing up is consistent sunny skies and warm air. Garcelle, on the other hand, thinks Erikas just in denial. The ladies have been supportive of Dorit as she works to heal from the traumatic experience. Dorit Kemsley's Daughter, Phoenix, Had a Spooky Birthday Party with Major Gothic Vibes Last year, Dorit Kemsley and Paul "PK" Kemsley hosted a Pop-It themed party for their daughter, Phoenix. The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed to Insider at the time that there was a home invasion robbery investigation for a home on Kemsley's block, and that three suspects took an unknown amount of property from the home. Im going to die. I think dorit definitely has strength in character on her side it's hard as hell feeling traumatized by an event like that, Watching Dorit recount her home invasion was heartbreaking. Dorit Kemsley with husband Paul and her kids. RHOBH returned to Bravo with an action-packed episode. Please, I'm a mother. One item did matter to Kemsley, however: She requested that the burglars not take her phone. While she stayed calm, she begged the burglars to spare her children. The security footage from Dorit Kemsleys home showing three suspects breaking in has been released on YouTube by the Los Angeles Police Department. Tippet said the arrests seemed to drive down the number of robberies earlier this year, but that they had begun ticking back up. Capt. The footage, which begins at 10:52 p.m. Oct. 27 . I put [daughter] Phoenix down in my bed, and I was so exhausted, and so jet-lagged. Dorit Kemsley in an episode of Watch What Happens Live on Bravo. as well as other partner offers and accept our. I call it [my] season of forgiveness.. It's truly overwhelming. I'm so tired, and I picked her up and I put her in her bed," she added. Both suspects threatened to kill her as she pleaded for her life and the lives of her young children.. Of the cases Tippet outlined above, he said violence has been common, with many of the victims being assaulted. Stay up to date with what you want to know. As you all know by now I have been through a terrifying ordeal, one that no parent or person should ever have to experience. Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Coco Austin nearly busts out of red lace bra on ttty Tuesday, How Kate Middletons meaningful brooch connects her to Queen Elizabeth II, Fans troll Kim Kardashian for saving sexy two-piece look for kids prom, The Doobie Brothers announce 50th Anniversary Tour: Get tickets today, The 7 best home saunas of 2023, with expert tips on how to shop, This 2021 iPad is at its lowest price ever on Amazon, Save over $1,100 on this 65" LG Smart TV today on Amazon, The viral lululemon Everywhere Belt Bag is back in stock UPDATED, Drew Barrymore Struggles During Bungee Workout on The Drew Barrymore Show: I Cant Believe I Used to Be a Charlies Angel, 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Harry Hamlin spills the real reason why Lisa Rinna left RHOBH, Sutton Stracke: I want to fight bossy ex-RHOBH co-star Lisa Rinna, Sutton Stracke reacts to Lisa Rinna saying shell have to work next season, Sutton Stracke reacts to Lisa Rinnas sad exit from RHOBH, hung out at the Stagecoach country music festival, 'Annoyed' Aubrey Plaza mouths angry phrase during 'White Lotus' SAGs speech, Savannah Guthrie leaves 'Today' live broadcast early as Hoda Kotb remains absent, What really happened with Aubrey Plaza on SAG Awards stage, Christina Applegate attends SAG Awards 2023 as 'last awards show' amid MS battle, Carrie Underwood's closet laundry setup causes a stir: 'Genius', Meghan Markle 'disappointed' Harry had 'very little money' when they met: expert, King Charles evicting Harry, Meghan from Frogmore Cottage, giving to Andrew, Meghan, Harry brush off Frogmore eviction bombshell with night on the town, Jenna Bush Hager speaks out on Hoda Kotb's mysterious 'family health matter', Hoda Kotb's lengthy 'Today' show absence finally explained, 11-year-old reads aloud from 'pornographic' book he checked out from library at school board meeting. Fans on Reddit took to a thread to discuss the video, and many seemed confused by what they saw; the men looked extremely laid back, walking slowly up to the house, and not seeming very on alert which is what several people pointed out. "Still not convinced the burglary was real," they added. ", Dorit added, "With the love and support of my husband, my incredible family, friends, fans and followers, I am confident this is the right thing to do whilst I independently work through the trauma. A proud New Yorker at heart with a love for reality television, social gatherings, and positive vibes only. She's a Brooklynite living in the Bahamas, with a passion for travel, writing, reality TV watching, pop culture and spoken word. And when producers asked Erika for any proof saying that shes off the hook, Erika told them to find it themselves. In a separate tweet, the viewer noted the different accounts PK and Lisa Rinna gave on what exactly was stolen, with PK claiming only handbags were taken, while Lisa added that watches were also supposedly taken. A surveillance video of two masked men breaking into Dorit Kemsley's Encino mansion was released by the Los Angeles Police Department on Monday. The day after the break-in, Dorit and the other housewives gathered at Kyle Richards' house, where she broke down in tears. Garcelle: Other than Erika saying its been disproven, Ive seen nothing. Lisa is obviously married, so shes not meeting any new men, but shes married to one of the Sexiest Men Alive Harry Hamlin so shes doing alright. Hes going to pull the trigger, and then I envisioned them killing me and then going and killing my kids, Dorit said before telling the ladies that she needs to find a way to get past the trauma she experienced, and they suggested she get into some sort of therapy right away. Want more? Security footage of the incident was shown on the show's Wednesday episode, titled "The Break-In.". Shop these stylist-approved picks from Asos, Free People, Abercrombie & Fitch, Venus, Lane Bryant and more. Wanting to figure out a way to move on from the incident, Erika advised Dorit that she should go for therapy. Some fans think that the robbery at Dorit Kemsley's home was either a setup or it was staged. Her husband, Paul "PK" Kemsley, was not home at the time. Andy Cohen, the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills cast and other Bravolebrities weigh in. Kevin Rector is a legal affairs reporter for the Los Angeles Times covering the California Supreme Court, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals and other legal trends and issues. While speaking with Interview magazine in January 2023, she admitted she . "I thought, you know what? I had a weird day and so I wasnt focused and I was insensitive to what happened, Stracke, 50, exclusively tells Page Six. Later, Erika Jayne told Lisa Rinna that she is also dating again, and enjoying having sex with the men that shes meeting. "I got in bed and I grabbed my pillow and I was so happy to be in bed and all of a sudden I hear the door open," she said. After over 20 minutes, she said she was the one who advised them to leave. Kemsley stars in a popular reality show about wealthy women who often flaunt their luxurious lifestyle, and she is active on social media. I envisioned them killing me and then going and killing my kids. Black-and-white security camera footage shows a man in a hooded sweatshirt shattering the glass patio door with a sharp object, then entering Kemsleys home, and two other hooded men prowling the property. Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Season 12 airs every Wednesday at 8 pm ET only on Bravo. They were robbed at gunpoint. Kevin Rector, who covers the Los Angeles Police Department for The Times and has covered these crimes, including the break-in at Kemsleys home, explained what we know about these robberies in advance of Wednesdays premiere. I'm so grateful to the LAPD for their care and attention. Dorit first addressed the break-in on Instagram on Oct. 30, describing the incident as "a terrifying ordeal that no parent or person should ever have to experience." In a series of February 26 Instagram posts, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills . I stayed very calm because I knew they were very panicked and if I didnt, the situation could have gone a lot worse. There was absolutely zero sense of urgency and they appeared to not be the least bit concerned about being caught or shot. That is the scariest thing and the environment that we live in, especially here in LA in Beverly Hills, it kind of set me off a little bit., The SUTTON boutique owner adds, I just wasnt there. Based on Kemsleys account, does this sound typical of the kind of robberies weve seen in other upscale areas? Narrating further details of the incident, the RHOBH star said that when she finally settled herself in bed, she heard a commotion and assumed it was her kids. Im going to fing kill you.. Why Some RHOBH Fans Think Dorit Kemsley Faked Her Robbery, Why Fans Think RHOBH Is Becoming Too Heavy & Serious. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Season 12 premieres Wednesday at 8 p.m. Are they watching TV and looking at social media to figure out who might have the most expensive handbags in their closet and who might be out of town? But she suspects that Erika is missing her big house and all the money that came from her relationship with Tom, so shes probably hoping to meet another man that will provide those luxuries for her. After fleeing the home, the two suspects allegedly fled in a black 4-door pickup truck driven by a third suspect. He got the estate instead, Sara Gilbert dissects The Conners: If theres no conflict, its not funny, The North remembers: In Northern Ireland, Game of Thrones leaves a lasting legacy, The Erika Jayne/Tom Girardi saga upended Real Housewives. Heres where things stand, Real Housewives star Dorit Kemsley robbed of bags, jewelry at Encino home, LAPD says, Smash-and-grabs and follow-home robberies captivated L.A. Finally, Erika revealed that shes not focusing on her divorce from Tom just yet. Now, with Dorit being robbed while the show was in production, the attack has become her central focus in RHOBH season 12. Tippet said that there were no updates in Kemsleys case and police had made no arrests as of this week. None of us want anything bad to happen to any of us. Describing what happened, she recalled. He said at least 17 different gangs, most based out of South L.A. and operating independently, are believed by police to be involved, and that they are sending crews out specifically to find targets at luxury shops, restaurants, hotels and clubs, and then follow them home or to another location to rob them. Police have also expressed frustration with some suspects they have arrested with firearms being released pending trial, only to commit further robberies, according to Tippet. First of all, I was completely taken off guard. These women live lives of luxury and thats why we enjoy watching their stories unfold, but those feelings of envy came to a screeching halt when Dorit Kemsleys terrifying break-in unfolded on the screen. After Dorit Kemsley relived her traumatic robbery on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills season 12, some fans were suspecting the validity of her claims. In November, the LAPD announced a task force set up to stop follow-home robberies. The investigation is ongoing, and no arrests have been made. You can find out more and change our default settings with Cookies Settings. As one of six children, Jeroslyn enjoys being social and getting to know other people.

Philippians 3:11 14 Commentary, Stanford Esports Scholarship, Articles D