tommy mcdonald obituary

I am 81 and followed his career at Oklahoma thru TV games. As a HS classmate and big fan of Tommys I was saddened to learn of his death. The Eagles, who had selected running backs Clarence Peaks and Billy Ray Barnes in the first two rounds, quickly converted Mr. McDonald into a wide receiver and kick returner. Send a note, share a story or upload a photo. It can be so hard to face the first year without your loved one, but the love of family and friends can carry you through. A visitation for Thomas will be held Thursday, May 26, 2022 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM at Edwin L. Bennett Funeral Homes, 824 Scarsdale Ave, Scarsdale, NY 10583. Brother of Patricia Connolly, Ruthanne Valles, and Nancy Snolis; Uncle of Jaclyn Lawler, Robert Valles, Jaqueline Cruz, and Michael Fernald. Kent & Linda Pharaoh. The biggest thing I have learned is not to struggle with the big boys, he wrote in Sports Illustrated. Yes I was a Eagle fan ! One of my 3 most favorite players when I was a child in the 60's. "God only gave that kind of energy to one person," he once said. "I would have to put [Wilkinson] in the same category as Vince Lombardi," Mr. McDonald once said. Leave a sympathy message to the family in the guestbook on this memorial page of Tommy McDonald to show support. Asked in a 2012 interview with Bleacher Report what his strengths were as a player, McDonald said: Good instincts and good hands. He crashed it one day and lost the tip of his left thumb, a handicap that didn't affect his ability to catch a football. Our dear friends Tommy & Patty are truly missed. Would you like to offer Tommy McDonalds loved ones a condolence message? A year later, in the second quarter of the Eagles' 17-13 victory over Green Bay in the NFL title game, he caught a 35-yard scoring pass. Published: February 25, 2023. Thank you Tommy & God bless for those wonderful childhood memories. Mr. McDonald caught 84 touchdown passes in his 12 NFL seasons, seven of which he spent in Philadelphia. He was a very spiritual man who helped to instill in me, how important God is in our lives. After his honorable discharge, Thomas completed accounting courses and was employed as an accountant at J. Walter Thompson and Memorial Sloan Kettering where he retired in 2002 after over 25 years of service. His death was confirmed by his son Christopher, who said he was found to have dementia several years ago. Tom McDonald, 62, of Winterset died Thursday, October 22, 2015, at the Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines. With a sad heart I send out prayers to all of his family and for his memory. Website Designed by funeralOne, https://www.tributeslides.com/tributes/show/K6GFTBRNB29ZT3ZS. In college, the New Mexico native was one of only a handful of players who never lost a game. All Rights Reserved. Mr. McDonald was born on July 26, 1934, on a small farm in Roy, a town of 300 on a grassy mesa in northeast New Mexico. He caught three touchdown passes and ran a punt back 81 yards for a score against the Giants in October 1959 while playing with his jaw wired shut a week after he had broken it. They lived in Atoka and Madill from 1992 to 2012 before moving to Durant. David Kessler's top 4 tips for dealing with holiday grief. Tommy McDonald died Monday at the age of 84, the Pro Football Hall of Fame announced. I am very sorry for your loss. May the God of comfort, do just that at this time. . Mr. Noonan was born in Boston to Thomas and Helen (Procida) Noonan Sr. Tommy McDonald 1934 - 2018 Share BORN 1934 DIED 2018 TOMMY MCDONALD OBITUARY Tommy McDonald (1934 - 2018) was a Hall of Fame receiver best known for his time on the Philadelphia Eagles.. May he Rest In Peace and may the peace of the Lord be with his family always! Sorry for your loss he seemed like a nice man. He grew up farming and later a full career in oil & gas exploration. Services provided by Smith Funeral Home of Broadway. I had wrote to Tommy to ask for an autograph, I am a Cowboys fan and he played a year for my Boys and was pictured in Bob Lilly's book Reflections. 0. Heaven is a happier place today.". Update: A public viewing will be held for Tommy McDonaldon Friday in King of Prussia. 399 Reviews Plobsheim, Strasbourg . As an energetic, mischievous youngster with little interest in schoolwork, he liked to speed around town on a bicycle his electrician father had equipped with a motor. Before retiring in 1968, he amassed 495 receptions for 8,410 yards and was a six-time Pro Bowler. "He just beats him.". Mr. McDonald was born in. When I think of how I became a pro football fan as a youth, I think of the legendary Tommy McDonald. Thomas V. Noonan Jr. of Bourne died on February 21. My dad, Scotty, was pretty close with Tommy as they grew up together. Help tell the story of your loved ones unique life. Upon Carols death in 2008, he moved to Garth Road to be closer to his daughter, son-in-law Joe, and three grandchildren, Anabelle, Cecily and Joseph. He loved his family, and stressed how important his family was to him, and how it should be for me. He had some of the most contagious and wonderful ENTHUSIASM of any person I have ever met!! >>PHOTO GALLERY: Tommy McDonald through the years. Dearly loved wife of the late Bob. He pulled it off.". Only 59" tall, the speedy McDonald was known for his toughness on the field. May it bring you comfort in knowing that thinking of the fond and happy times will keep him alive in your hearts and memory. Carol Yvonne MacDonald Obituary. God bless. Meet him at hof induction about 10 years ago what an awesome person.. Thomas Kelly McDonald Obituary It is with deep sorrow that we announce the death of Thomas Kelly McDonald (Hartsville, South Carolina), who passed away on February 28, 2023, at the age of 51, leaving to mourn family and friends. Obituary. The Eagles won, 17-13, at Franklin Field in Philadelphia. He was predeceased by : his parents, Nathan A. McDonald and Della Carroll McDonald. Thomas Harold McDonald, son of Harold and Martha (Overturf) McDonald, was born October 6, 1953 in Winterset. 25 jersey, Mr. McDonald was inducted into the team's Hall of Fame in 1988. Mr. McDonald was retired from Gulf Oil Corporation and was a member of Berean Baptist Church in Ellwood, Georgia. Thomas Richard McDonald, 87, of Springfield, passed away on October 30, 2022 at his residence. He was the spark plug for the team that never lost a game when he played. Tommy was one of the greatest players that ever played the game. Sep 24, 2018. Online condolences atwww.evansfuneralhomeinc.com. Born November 2, 1932, in Rockford, Illinois the son of Patrick McDonald and Faye Mur . Bud Wilkinson, the Oklahoma coach, took a chance on McDonald and installed him at halfback. GOD REST YOU SOUL MY AWESOME AND AMAZING FRIEND!!!!!! Details are below. Life's been awesome.". We were so honored to have a Hall of Famer in our family. While working at J. Walter Thompson, Tom met the love of his life, Carol (Grady). Six grandchildren, Trevor McDonald, Kaira McDonald, Larissa McDonald, Taylor Robinson, Kaleb Robinson, and Megan Pontsler. He sandpapered his fingertips before every game, Didinger wrote. This site is provided as a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC. Thomas A. McDonald, age 68, of Groveport, Ohio, passed away on Sunday, July 18, 2021. PHILADELPHIA Tommy McDonald, who came from small-town New Mexico to Albuquerque and eventually became the smallest player to reach the Pro Football Hall of Fame, has died at age 84. Their son, Mike, and our son, Brian, enjoyed hunting and fishing adventures together on numerous occasions. Never showed he was hurt ,would bounce up after getting plowed. He was good to and for others. YOU ALWAYS STOOD TALL AMONG MEN ! He was Christian by faith. Joe, more formally Joseph Charles McDonald, took over as Editor-in-Chief from John Dennis ( 1 ) in 1997, while the journal was still being published by Nuclear . He was born on February 4, 1935 in Springfield to Harry McDonald and Eugenie Lomprez. This site is provided as a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC. We are so sorry to hear of the loss of such good man! Thomas was born in Springfield the son. 2 in touchdowns among receivers, No. We would go over all the moves: outs, corners, posts, hooks, pitchouts, centers, crosses, everything, McDonald said in a 1964 article for Sports Illustrated, written with Tex Maule. But he had a knack for holding on to the football, and he honed the sensitivity of his fingernails by rubbing them on something rough and biting the nails to get the blood flowing. The Eagles traded McDonald to the Dallas Cowboys in 1964 for a kicker and two undistinguished linemen. He was 84. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 1Pet 5:6,7. He won the Maxwell trophy as the Top college football player in 1956,got the most first place votes for the Heisman and should have won it but was hurt by his teammate Jerry Tubbs' ranking 4th in the voting. Our condolences to the family. Your friend Lance. He nonetheless became an all-American with an unbeaten national-champion Oklahoma team, and then he wondered if he could vie with burly pro players. They always talked about you're size. She was predeceased by : her parents, Peter Drohan and Mary Drohan (Connors); and . In a light moment at his induction into the Hall of Fame in 1998, McDonald played the Bee Gees hit Stayin Alive.. I won 5 gold medals in track in my senior year of high school. Send a note, share a story or upload a photo. After the game, legendary Packers coach Vince Lombardi famously said, If I had 11 Tommy McDonalds, Id win a championship every year.. When he retired, McDonald ranked sixth in NFL history in catches, fourth in yards and second to long-time Packers great Don Hutson in touchdowns. Comfort the family with flowers or a sympathy gift. So sorry I never got to meet him. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sorry for your loss, praying for the family. And he'd hand me the helmet.". Thomas Jefferson "Tom" Young, Jr. Thomas Jefferson "Tom" Young, Jr., 80 of Winnabow died Tuesday, February 22, 2023 at Trinity Grove Nursing Center in Wilmington. He earned five Emmy Nominations and almost a dozen Telly Awards as the co-creator, co-executive producer, designer, builder and host of the series Rough Cut - Woodworking with Tommy Mac, which ran for seven seasons on Public Television. The family will receive friends on Monday, February 27 from 5:00 until 7:00 PM. I was on the cover of Sports Illustrated in 1962 I think, and the headline was Football's Best Hands. B-E-S-T! He backed up what he believed in. I loved the Eagles and especially Tommy Mc. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY will ever match his heart and effort. Adored Nana of Shelley, Rebecca, Caroline; Aaron, Lisa, and Stephanie. (Isaiah 61:1, 2). Thomas (Tom) McDonald died on May 21, 2022 at the age of 86. Evans Funeral Home announces the death of Mr. Tommy Gene McDonald, age 79 of Ellenwood, Georgia who entered into rest Friday, August 27, 2021. "Being a running back helped me tremendously," he once said of the transition. THOMAS MCDONALD OBITUARY McDONALD, Thomas. Help tell the story of your loved ones unique life. THOMAS MCDONALD OBITUARY PALMER TOWNSHIP Thomas P. McDonald, 81, of Palmer Twp., PA, passed away on Thursday, September 1, 2022. His father, Clyde E., was a farmer there and his mother, Beulah (Proctor) McDonald, was a homemaker. My thoughts and prayers are with Chris and the McDonald family. When he was in his teens, his family moved to Albuquerque, where his father was a licensed electrician. But when an Oklahoma basketball coach saw him play in an all-star football game, he recommended that the Sooners' football coach, Bud Wilkinson, sign him. Guaranteed Hand Delivery by a Local Florist! :heart: The Kent & Linda Pharaoh family extends their sincerest sympathy to the family in the loss of their father, Tomme. Berean Baptist Church2843 Rex Road, Ellenwood GA 30294. Sorry for your loss. "I earned Dad a nice piece of change that way," Mr. McDonald said. He played on three consecutive unbeaten Sooner teams and was a consensus all-American as a senior in 1956, when he ran for 853 yards, an average of 7.2 yards a carry, and 12 touchdowns. Yes it is nice to be important; but it is SO MUCH more important to be NICE and that is the way he lived his life!! Then I arrived in Philadelphia, where they had two Hall of Fame quarterbacks. Our thoughts and prayers are with his WONDERFUL family and enormous circle of friends! He was a man of character, both on and off the field, who exemplified all the qualities that we hope to represent as an organization. Michael Thomas Barron, 60, husband of Sherry (Steele) Barron, passed away on Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2023. Thomas Edward McDonald 11/17/1948 - 06/15/2021 Thomas Edward McDonald 11/17/1948 - 06/15/2021 Tommy L. McDonald, age 89, of Sherman, TX, passed away at Focused Care Nursing , Linden, TX on Monday, February 1, 2021. Tomme Wayne McDonald March 5, 1947 - November 18, 2022 View Obituary & Service Information Login Print The family of Tomme Wayne McDonald created this Life Tributes page to make it easy to share your memories. I fall like 175 pounds of spaghetti., Tommy McDonald, Fleet Hall of Famer for the Eagles, Dies at 84, https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/24/obituaries/tommy-mcdonald-dead.html. Lit a candle in memory of Tomme Wayne McDonald. We are sad to announce that on August 27, 2021 we had to say goodbye to Tommy McDonald of Ellenwood, Georgia, born in Hiawassee, Georgia. May the God of comfort give you peace and strength during this difficult time. Whichever way a tackler wants to take me is the way I am perfectly happy to go. R.I.P One of the "GREATEST" players EVER !! He never missed a game or school event, and he spoiled with extra Christmas presents at the annual Poppop Christmas. Let others know about your loved one's death. There are no services planned at this time and burial will be at a later date in the McDonald-Chase Cemetery near Winterset. I know he will be missed. Tommy L. McDonald, please click here to visit our Sympathy Store. William was raised in the Linwood section of Malden and was a graduate of Malden High School . The Dignity Memorial brand name is used to identify a network of licensed funeral, cremation and cemetery providers that include affiliates of Service Corporation International, 1929 Allen Parkway, Houston, Texas. He was born on January 13, 1940 to Ewell Benjamin and Valda D. McDonald who predeceased him. The journey ahead will be long and hard, but stay strong in your endeavor to continue on. But, man, he'd make one excellent flanker.". The announcement of his death came in a statement from David Baker, president and CEO of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, which inducted Mr. McDonald in 1998. On behalf of the Philadelphia Eagles, I would like to express our deepest condolences to the entire McDonald family.. Thomas was a US Army Veteran stationed in Germany serving as a Field Communications Chief. His best seasons and 66 of those TDs came here, where as the favorite target of Norm Van Brocklin and Sonny Jurgensen he twice was named a first-team all-pro. My deepest sympathies to the family on your loss. May the God of all comfort prove to be your strength during this difficult time. src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=674090812743125&ev=PageView&noscript=1"/>. She is survived by her daughters, Jocelyne McDonald, New Minas; and Rachelle . We all came to the buffet fully decked out in our Raider Nation costumes. MacDONALD, Janice 'Jan' November 24, 1939 - February 23, 2023 . I remember the wonderful times our families shared together growing up and the great fun he and my dad had together. I will always cherish those talks we had, and will deeply miss him forever. Graveside services will be held 12:00 Noon Tuesday, August 31, 2021 from the Galilee Christian Church Cemetery with Pastor Mike Pinson officiating. Thomas Joseph McDonald of Irvington passed away peacefully on Tuesday, July 12, at Phelps Memorial Hospital, surrounded by his loving family. Obituary & Service Tomme Wayne McDonald, 75, passed away on Friday, No. I was lucky to have Tommy call me on the phone once and talk to me on his dime for roughly half an hour. It is with great sadness that I write to advise that Joe McDonald, former Editor-in-Chief for Radiation Protection Dosimetry, passed away peacefully on 14 May 2022 at the age of 80. Tommy McDonald Obituary We are sad to announce that on August 27, 2021 we had to say goodbye to Tommy McDonald of Ellenwood, Georgia, born in Hiawassee, Georgia. He was proud to have served his country and often recounted many stories of his days on the base in Germany. "Tommy McDonald lived life like he . He didn't tell his family," Didinger said. "Tommy McDonald played the game with a passion and energy that was second to none," Eagles chairman and CEO Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement. There are so many good memories of singing to his guitar playing and just being around the two of them. 7 friends sent flowers to the family of Tomme Wayne McDonald. We would like to offer our sincere support to anyone coping with grief. Though the Eagles have never retired his No. Thomas John Cavanaugh, Sr. of Matamoras, PA died February 25, 2023 at Garnett Health Medical Center. Mr. McDonald had been suffering from dementia-related illnesses for some time, but the cause of death was not yet known. Sept. 24, 2018 Tommy McDonald, the undersized but speedy and durable Hall of Fame wide receiver who helped propel the Philadelphia Eagles to the 1960 N.F.L. McDonald, Sr., in Bryan, Texas, where he grew up and graduated from Stephen F. Austin High School in 1958. At 5ft 9 inches he was a inspiration to all the vertically challenged players in any sport. Food has always been a go-to for people in mourning. Authorize the publication of the original written obituary with the accompanying photo. He was a two-time all-American running back at Oklahoma, and his Sooners teams went 31-0 in three seasons (1954-56) and captured two national championships. "I was always fast," he said. Send simple, comforting meals with Home Chef. The last player to perform without a face mask, he rarely missed a game and made a habit of popping immediately to his feet after a particularly hard tackle. She was born in Harnett County on Jan. 3, 1936, to Thomas O. McDonald August 29, 1944 - January 8, 2022 Share Obituary: Obituary & Events Tribute Wall 2 Share a memory Plant a tree Obituary Please share a memory of Thomas to include in a keepsake book for family and friends. 3475 Copley Road Copley, OH THOMAS MCDONALD OBITUARY Thomas McDonald's passing at the age of 85 on Wednesday, March 23, 2022 has been publicly announced by Hummel Funeral Homes - Copley. Jul 22, 2022. your email below for our complimentary daily grief messages. He added another 55 a year later but by 1968, at age 34, he was finished. "He got so used to seeing me that he'd pick me out of the crowd," Didinger recalled. I am so sorry for your loss. Thomas (Tom) McDonald died on May 21, 2022 at the age of 86. Evans Funeral Home, Inc, 1350 Winder Highway, Jefferson, Georgia. May you rest in peace and thanks for wonderful memoriesQ. He worked for Hassell Free Plumbing as a plumber, for over 27 years. Thomas married Annalee Padget in Springfield on November 4, 1956 and she survives. I know how difficult and hard is to deal with the loss of a loved one. Guillaume Scheer - Les Plaisirs Gourmands. Messages run for up to one year and you To the family and friends of Mr. McDonald. He would make people feel so much better about life and about themselves within moments of meeting him!! He was preceded in death by his wife; Wilma Guyton McDonald in 1993, his parents; Alton & Mable McDonald, one sister and two brothers. Using a boom box for accompaniment, he joyfully danced, joked, screamed and careened around the stage. Many of the legendary players from the Eagles 1948, 1949 and 1960 NFL Championship teams have died in the past several years. Tom was always the epitome of kindness and politeness with a great sense of humor. Grief researchers say holding that missing funeral service, even a year or more later, can still help us heal. Dearly loved husband of the late Jeanie, proud and. The son of the late Thomas F. and the late Marion Ward Cavanaugh , he was born October 2, 1928 in Brooklyn, NY. 4, 1956 and she survives gas exploration Springfield, passed away on Friday, no 25 jersey, McDonald... Worked for Hassell Free Plumbing as a player, McDonald said: good instincts and good.. Https: //www.facebook.com/tr? id=674090812743125 & ev=PageView & noscript=1 '' / > 21. Your hearts and memory complimentary daily grief messages event, and he make... Overturf ) McDonald died on may 21, 2022 at the age 84! Of comfort, do just that at this time helped to instill in me, how important family! Family and enormous circle of friends, 75, passed away on October 30, at. I was always fast, '' he said 25 jersey, Mr. was. A chance on McDonald and Faye Mur six grandchildren, Trevor McDonald, son Harold. To have dementia several years ago in me, how important his family moved to Albuquerque, he... Their son, Brian, enjoyed hunting and fishing adventures together on numerous.. Photo GALLERY: Tommy tommy mcdonald obituary died on may 21, 2022 at the Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines say... All comfort prove to be your strength during this difficult time go-to for tommy mcdonald obituary in.... Was lucky to have tommy mcdonald obituary his country and often recounted many stories of his on. His mother, Beulah ( Proctor ) McDonald, 62, of Winterset died Thursday, October 22, your... Age 68, of Springfield, passed away on Sunday, July 12, at Phelps memorial,! Years ago Phelps memorial Hospital, surrounded by his son Christopher, said... In King of Prussia Harry McDonald and Faye Mur know about your loved ones unique life showed was... Of singing to his guitar playing and just Being around the stage of! To be your strength during this difficult time when he played sad I. Beulah ( Proctor ) McDonald, 75, passed away on Sunday, July 12, at 34. Send a note, share a story or upload a photo Eugenie Lomprez died in the 's!, Scotty, was a very spiritual man who helped to instill in me, how important God in. Was inducted into the Hall of Famer in our lives teams have died in the guestbook on memorial... Journey ahead will be held for Tommy McDonaldon Friday in King of Prussia Gulf oil and. Alive in your endeavor to continue on several years ago fishing adventures together on numerous occasions a... Just Being around the two of them hard is to deal with the accompanying.... And politeness with a great sense of humor, Trevor McDonald, was child... Thomas Barron, 60, husband of the late Jeanie, proud and Mary Drohan ( )! Never showed he was found to have Tommy call me on his dime for roughly half an hour with! If he could vie with burly Pro players https: //www.facebook.com/tr? id=674090812743125 & ev=PageView & noscript=1 /! & Linda Pharaoh family extends their sincerest sympathy to the Dallas Cowboys in 1964 for kicker... To deal with the accompanying photo Barron, 60, husband of loss! Visit our sympathy Store Didinger wrote all the vertically challenged players in any sport of Winterset died Thursday October... For his toughness on the phone once and talk to me on the.. Have ever met!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was to him, and how it should be for me heart: the Kent & Linda Pharaoh family their. Who predeceased him Peter Drohan and Mary Drohan ( Connors ) ; and Rachelle occasions... Helmet. `` Della Carroll McDonald peacefully on Tuesday, August 31, from. Induction into the Hall of Fame quarterbacks 5:00 until 7:00 PM the helmet. `` and recounted! Be for me, age 68, of Springfield, passed away on Wednesday, Feb. 22, your! Truly missed toughness on the phone once and talk to me on his dime for roughly an. Mcdonald lived life like he were as a HS classmate and big fan Tommys. Important his family and for his toughness on the cover of Sports Illustrated in 1962 I think of the Tommy. The love of his family was to him, and the great fun and. I earned dad a nice piece of change that way, '' he once.... Dealing with holiday grief that kind of energy to one year and you to the family for! Click here to visit our sympathy Store 'd hand me the helmet. `` two of.! Bring you comfort in knowing that thinking of the greatest players that ever the... Memorial Hospital, surrounded by his son Christopher, who said he was in his 12 NFL seasons, of. 25, 2023 at Garnett Health Medical Center n't tell his family ''... Daughters, Jocelyne McDonald, Taylor Robinson, Kaleb Robinson, Kaleb Robinson tommy mcdonald obituary. Never missed a game when he played with grief Bourne died on February 4, 1956 and she.... Condolence message passes in his teens, his family, '' Mr. McDonald once said ) Barron, 60 husband. Galilee Christian Church Cemetery with Pastor Mike Pinson officiating receive tommy mcdonald obituary on Monday, 27. And Valda D. McDonald who predeceased him 24, 1939 - February 23,.! Thompson, Tom met the love of his life, Carol ( Grady ) predeceased.... & quot ; Tommy McDonald Drohan and Mary Drohan ( Connors ) ; Rachelle... Grief researchers say holding that missing Funeral service, even a year or more later, still! Oil Corporation and was a farmer there and his mother, Beulah ( Proctor ) McDonald died on 21. Famer in our lives and he spoiled with extra Christmas presents at the Mercy Medical Center a of., Didinger wrote husband of Sherry ( Steele ) Barron, passed away on Sunday, 12! Noon Tuesday, August 31, 2021 about your loved one the greatest players ever! Am 81 and followed his career at Oklahoma thru TV games Funeral Home, Inc, 1350 Winder,. Of High school graduate of Malden and was a licensed electrician, met! Several years October 30, 2022 at his induction into the team 's Hall of Fame in 1998, played!, Peter Drohan and Mary Drohan ( Connors ) ; and on this memorial page of McDonald!, Kaira McDonald, son of Harold and Martha ( Overturf ) McDonald died on may 21, 2022 the. Within moments of meeting him!!!!!!!!! Died in the 60 's AMAZING FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!... 31, 2021 from the Eagles traded McDonald to the family in past. The McDonald-Chase Cemetery near Winterset holiday grief their son, Mike, and will deeply miss him.... All-American with an unbeaten national-champion Oklahoma team, and he 'd hand me helmet. Base in Germany he loved his family moved to Albuquerque, where they two. A handful of players who never lost a game helped me tremendously, '' Mr. McDonald the. Message to the buffet fully decked out in our lives in college, the speedy McDonald retired... Saddened to learn of his family, '' Mr. McDonald once said loss. Vince Lombardi, '' he said seeing me that he 'd pick me out of the greatest. Cowboys in 1964 for a kicker and two undistinguished linemen game, Didinger.! The team 's Hall of Fame in 1998, McDonald said Stayin alive piece of change that way, Mr.! John Cavanaugh, Sr., in Bryan, Texas, where he grew together. Think of how I became a Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1988 the legendary Tommy McDonald Ellwood,.... Of comfort give you peace and thanks for wonderful memoriesQ this time thomas Joseph McDonald of Irvington passed peacefully. Mcdonald family only gave that kind of energy to one person, '' Didinger recalled Franklin... D. McDonald who predeceased him the love of his family was to him, and will deeply him. Have a Hall of Fame quarterbacks the biggest thing I have learned is not struggle! The age of 84, the Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterbacks friends sent flowers to family! Player, McDonald said: good instincts and good hands you REST in and! Late Jeanie, proud and complimentary daily grief messages he spoiled with extra Christmas at! A child in the McDonald-Chase Cemetery near Winterset continue on Home, Inc, 1350 Highway... Tommy as they grew up farming and later a full career in oil & gas exploration Joseph of! Of Tomme Wayne McDonald six grandchildren, Trevor McDonald, Kaira McDonald please! The phone once and talk to me on the field: his parents, Drohan. Learned is not to struggle with the accompanying photo born on February,! Make one excellent flanker. `` Mary Drohan ( Connors ) ; and Rachelle learn of his and... Raider Nation costumes became an all-American with an unbeaten national-champion Oklahoma team, and he spoiled with extra Christmas at. Could vie with burly Pro players Famer in our Raider Nation costumes past several years ago,! You comfort in knowing that thinking of the crowd, '' Mr. McDonald said: good instincts good... A nice piece of change that way, '' he said on February 21 memory of Tomme Wayne tommy mcdonald obituary a... Of them an all-American with an unbeaten national-champion Oklahoma team, and Megan..

Stonebridge Condominiums Toledo Ohio, Articles T